Silencer for a HW 77 k

KIngi7

Hello all, firstly just like to say that i have been wading through the first couple of pages today and can see that there are some pretty knowledable (SP?) and helpfull people, so here we go.

I am after a silencer for a HW 77 k, this is the under lever type, if such a thing is out there then whats your opinion?

Secondly, if it is not out there, would it be possible to make one?

Thanks in advance, Glenn

sorry, done more searching, there is even a post out there with the info (my bad). However still like suggestions please.

Edited by KIngi7

Silencers work well on pre-charge air guns, but on springers you can't hide the mechanical noise. I've got a Logun silencer that fits on my BSA Goldstar (similar size and shape to your 77) It does actually make the gun a fair bit quieter - but its flipping massive! Its about another ten inches on the end of the barrel, may as well just fit a bayonet and forget about shooting them! I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Have got an air arms 200 carbine springer just fitted a weirauch 100 silencer on the sugestion of anthony from redbeck shooting supplies what a difference everybody who has shot it even anthony cannot believe how quiet it is good for rabbit shooting used to have a hw 77 years ago fitted with a logun silencer you could still here the noise from the spring transmitted through the stock but its in front of the muzzle where the difference is to be had :D:yes: