Orwells Britain!

berettaman1

..... just been reading about a young WHITE MARRIED MAN,...

What does that have to do with it ??

I pointed out he was white because I normally get slated by pm, s accusing me of being racist! by certain members!!! :o

LOL... :good: so here is the "storm" someone mentioned earlier :)

Buddy dont take me wrong, but when you write these kind of words "WHITE MARRIED MAN".... it gives out a message. The message may be right or wrong, weather you meant it or not, but the choice of words show that you thought it was important that it has happened to a white man. Other fellow PW members may read the word and (quite rightly) conclude that this crazy injustice happening to a "white married man" is of (at least some) importance to you hence you put it in caps.

To be honest, personally I am sure you are not a racist person, but the statement for sure seem racist, weather you agree with it or not. But I am hoping you will see the point as I am sure you are a kind person, who will stand aginist this kind of injustice, even if the guy was non-white and not married etc. I for one, would 110% be against this kind of thing happening to a white, black, brown, yellow, or a green person :lol:

Please remember, a man is known by his actions, and what he says. And... racism is not when the rascist person declares that he is racist, but it is when racism is felt.

As I said, I am 100% sure that you are a very kind person and didnt mean any racism, so please dont take me wrong, i am just another PW member just like you, only pointing out how your comment may seem racist to some. It probably would be fairer if you had written "a young married man" or even "young man". It is an excellent post, and good to see support against this stupid action from the council , but this choice of words can take away the emphasis from the injustice that happened to this young man into a totally different discussion that really has nothing to do with this, and that I am sure was not your intention.

Kind regards,

GB

"GmesBond; I for one, would 110% be against this kind of thing happening to a white, black, brown, yellow, or a green person "

You have green people in Dartford? I thought that was the name of a pub in Leytonstone?

Haha, I knew someone would pick up my (intentional) mistake, just checking if you lot are reading carefully :good:

Mind you, havent been to Leytonstone in a while. Went there a few years back and Lea Bridge road was a nightmare, probably cos of the silly bus lane :)

"GmesBond; I for one, would 110% be against this kind of thing happening to a white, black, brown, yellow, or a green person "

You have green people in Dartford? I thought that was the name of a pub in Leytonstone?

Haha, I knew someone would pick up my (intentional) mistake, just checking if you lot are reading carefully :good:

Mind you, havent been to Leytonstone in a while. Went there a few years back and Lea Bridge road was a nightmare, probably cos of the silly bus lane :)

It's probably a housing estate now, I have not been there for 20-odd years, and traffic was horrendous then.

Gamesbond, I have as usual termed the subject badly,I was trying to say it was wrong regardless of a persons colour to have a criminal record, I stated he was married because usually a chap with a wife and family is normally a law abiding citizen, (not everyone, I know) as to your remarks I have not taken offence as this is a Banter section.and thats what its for. I am alarmed though at the seemingly Draconion laws being inflicted on the people of this Country. It seems to be adopting Comunist ways of control, This Country has 1% of the worlds population, and 20% of cctv cameras to watch us. Cheers.

BM1,

Many thanks for your understanding buddy. You are absolutely right about stating he is married though cos a criminal record infact can deprive him of a good job etc in future, and that for sure will affect his wife and childrens living conditions. Very unfair to give this kind of harsh and may I say extremely stupid punishment to someone who has responsibility to look after his family. Just imagine being a child of a father who couldnt afford good toys, clothes etc because he left a bin lid open!!!!! It is absolutely rediculous, and I think one day people may just get fed up of this big brother type govt and take a stand against govt /local councils thinking of people and public services as money generating machines. I think I can even safely say that even a communist govt wouldnt do that, they may be strict, but they do work for the people, not always against their people (like in this case).

You are also right about the camera situation, I heard a couple of years back that every person in Britain gets filmed (and recorded) on average 400 times a weak!!!!

Fitting electronic chips to find out the weight of your rubbish (and God knows what else) is another example of the big brother sosciety, so not only us, but even our rubbish is also watched, and recorded ..haha...I wonder (if this carries on) when they are going to install compulsary cameras inside our homes to monitor what we do at home :good: and believe me they will have many more (crappy) excuses for that too just like they do with every other rediculous new law they bring out.

Gamesbond, Good Man.... At last others more than me, and yourself, can see what is going on here!!! these people who have got thereselves into positions of trust? as our servants!!!Have now voted there selves a at local and Goverment level our MASTERS??? load of ******* all of them!!!I dont know how this is going to end up,.... But lets not forget, the massive Sums of Money these ***** are claiming in EXPENCES EACH YEAR???.....Yes I can see why the people of Russia , Was ***** off when they had the chance to get rid of their Masters??) :good:

Gamesbond, Good Man.... At last others more than me, and yourself, can see what is going on here!!! these people who have got thereselves into positions of trust? as our servants!!!Have now voted there selves a at local and Goverment level our MASTERS??? load of ******* all of them!!!I dont know how this is going to end up,.... But lets not forget, the massive Sums of Money these ***** are claiming in EXPENCES EACH YEAR???.....Yes I can see why the people of Russia , Was ***** off when they had the chance to get rid of their Masters??) :hmm:

Up the revolution :good:

true ... :o :lol::)

Hey I just noticed, all these icons move synchronised lol