Anyone understand Lanber chokes?

Fatcatsplat

I've got a 12g o/u Lanber game gun with a set of 5 chokes, 2 numbered 5, 1 numbered 7 and 2 numbered as 10 - Anyone got any idea of what they translate to please? Would have thought that the 5 and 10 would be improved and 1/4, but the 7 in the middle is making me wonder.

Any brainiacs out there? :):good::lol:

G'day Mate!

Ok, here's the deal on Lanber chokes: (by notch)

1- Full

2- Improved Modified (aka Skeet 11)

3- Modified

4- Improved Cylinder

I too have a 2097 (30") and it's a great gun for the money, at least here in the states. I realize this doesn't do you much good "down under", but here's the website for Lanber here in the U.S.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162939

taken from this site

For what's worth (nothing i know) but my Lanber chokes are notched as The Last Engineer has already pointed out, with the addition of a cylinder choke that has no notches on it.

Where is this numbering? In notches on the outer edge or an actual number on the outside of the choke barrel? :)

They are stamped in the metal as numbers on the outside of the chokes (The chokes stand proud of the barrels by about half an inch and the number is stamped just before the thread) - There are no notches anywhere to be seen which is the confusing bit!! Might try and get a picture of it to help explain a little better, but they are stamped very small, so may not come out.

Many thanks for all your efforts fellas! :sly:

I'm going top guess that they are after market chokes and not Lanber standard. I'm not expert (by a long shot, escuse the pun) but i haven't seen any instances of a lanber with extended chokes as standard, in person, on the web or other.