Gone to pot !

Hay folks untill this time last year i was shooting really well but then havent shot since august and since starting again every weekend for the last 7 / 8 weeks I havent been a patch on as good as i was (only hitting 50% of what i was) iv really fallen off the horse this time and struggling to find my way back with them. over the last 7 weeks iv not felt iv improved at all despit shooting regulary !

Any sugestions of tips for finding my way again ? Its so frustraiting. :mad:

Cheers webber, am glad someone replyed. I changed in febuary to the beretta. Iv thought about the coatch, but was a little ashamed / embarassed about it having been able to shoot far better previously ! Can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for an hour or twos coaching ? (just the coatching as i have my own gun and carts and would pay for the clays a a normall 50 / 60 sporting shoot)

I know this is probably not what you want to hear but people who shoot well with either a Miroku/Browning tend to struggle with a Beretta and also the reverse is true. Most people tend to be a Browning man/woman or a Beretta man/woman. Aynway hope you get sorted, good luck. :mad:

regards

Steve

I bet you're doing what I did :good: :good: :hmm:

When I started clay shooting, I got fairly OK at it quite quickly, then settled into a rut, where I couldn't improve and actually seemed to go backwards slightly.

I think what tends to happen is that we have faults with our shooting, often minor, but if they're not identified, we just keep doing the same thing. When we have a practice round of clays, all we're really doing is practicing our mistakes and getting better at making them :hmm::lol: :lol: :good:

I think you either need help from a coach, but if you're unsure about the expense, which I was, and still am, you should try and go round with shots who are better than you, it'll raise your game and even little throwaway comments and snippets of advice that they give you, will improve your shooting gradually (as long as you listen :good: )

Every time you identify a problem with your shooting (can't hit crossers or rabbits etc) work on it specifically, ask their advice and you'll pick away at your faults.

Don't be afraid to ask other shooters for help, most are only too happy to offer advice :lol::mad:

Edited by Chard