Signing over shotguns??

Andy17

hi all,

wasnt quite sure which forum to put this.

I have a had me shotgun license a while now and have been using a one of me m8s guns. How do i go about signing over this shotgun off of his license, do i just wirte on the back of me shotgun cert everything you would normally fill in if you bought the gun from a shop and then on his license put "sold", then the usual ring the FLO within 7 days and let them know, is that all it is to it??.

Sorry if it's an obvious/stupid question.

yis andy

Fill in all the details on the back of your license, your mate should do the same and send your details to the local FAC that you have acquired gun, serial no bore etc on date etc. Easy ( only if you know how). I flufed my first one by thinking that if the seller had filled in the details i neednt do so. Both of you do.

jim

The seller should fill in your certificate with details of the gun, date sold and his details (He signs it)

he needs to make a note of your details so he can notify his FLO of the disposal

You should check the sellers certificate (and the gun) to ensure accuracy

As Jim says, you should also notify Your FLO of your aquisition

In theory the only thing the certificate holder should write on their own certificate is their signature when they receive it.

Rgds

Graham