Car roof light bar

Mungler

I have recently acquired a load of halogen lights, light filters, split charge system etc and am looking to make a roof bar to mount some lamps to the roof of my truck.

Light bars are available on Ebay but only for the wider known makes of 4x4 (Landy etc) but obviously nothing for a Daihatsu Sportrak.

Custom bars are also available but they are outrageous money - there's one on at the moment for a lorry for £850 (with lights of course).

I reckon that all I need is some tubular aluminium or to butcher a "chunky" roof rack bar. Butchering the chunky roof rack seems the most viable option - using tubular aluminium would require some thought on how to mount it to the roof properly.

Anyone got any ideas or experience?

I lucked out on the set up and will post details of my findings shortly.....

Does it have roof rails & or Gutters to the front of the roof.

Would hav e a look on Ebay for a set of roof bars, to fitt the type of roof fittment you have, A lot are adjustable s ocan go an any motor with a bit of mods.

Mine were bought for a Sierra 4x4 est, but have been on a granada, frontera and Passat.

Trev

I have recently acquired a load of halogen lights, light filters, split charge system etc and am looking to make a roof bar to mount some lamps to the roof of my truck.

Light bars are available on Ebay but only for the wider known makes of 4x4 (Landy etc) but obviously nothing for a Daihatsu Sportrak.

Custom bars are also available but they are outrageous money - there's one on at the moment for a lorry for £850 (with lights of course).

I reckon that all I need is some tubular aluminium or to butcher a "chunky" roof rack bar. Butchering the chunky roof rack seems the most viable option - using tubular aluminium would require some thought on how to mount it to the roof properly.

Anyone got any ideas or experience?

I lucked out on the set up and will post details of my findings shortly.....

Mung I used a set of lockable Thule roof bars, nice square section, and have mounted lamps, although your truck will have to have gutters.

:good: D2D

Cheers chaps.

With any luck I will be getting the extra battery tray and split charge system in over the weekend.

LV reminded me that we know a man with a pipe bending kit and some serious metal work skills.

But the real key to this is:

Ebay Item Number : 190200716218 (half a dozen of these bad boys) and

Ebay Item Number : 270236577626 - turns out (as luck would have it) these lenses are an *exact* fit for the WIPAC lamps - they even fit into the flexible moulded surround of the lamp.

Photos to follow