Beretta Silver Pigeon III Sporting

Kaedyn

Hi guys, I'm a newbie and am now looking to get my first gun. I know you must get loads of these questions but any help would be much appreciated.

Anyways when I started looking the Price of the shotgun was about £1200, not its about £1700, apparetnly due to some sort of legislations the prices have gone up. This has now made the Beretta out of my budget, so i would like some recommendations on an alternative. I'll be using the shotgun mainly for trap/skeet and sporting but would also like the gun to be able to hangle Game shooting, as I probably will get invitations to go.

I have been practicing with a 12g 30" beretta 682 and thats doing well for me, but was thinking of gettind a different one.

Any help?

Hi Kaedyn,

I would recommend any beretta, browning or Miroku, you can still get a silver pigeon for 1050 but not the '3', have you looked at the guntrader site I found 350 guns valued between 1000 and 1250 new and second hand of these makes. For your type of shooting I would stick to a sporter with multichokes, the 682 is a very good gun IMO

Mike

thanks mate, will look into it.

I have also just been told that the 686 e sporting is basically the same as the sp3 sporting but without the nice engraving etc. Do you know if this is true.

The details from beretta say they are not the same one has an optibore choke barrel the other is a mobilchoke which means the barrels have different internal shapes.

All 686 E version feature the traditional profile of Beretta Overunder barrels, tested in years of competition and victories.

The barrels feature an 18.4mm inner diameter, internal traditional chamber over-and-under and Mobilchoke® tubes.

These are internally chrome lined and have a deep blued finish.

New 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting.

The strong, reliable, nickel-based finish receiver of the new 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting is enhanced by nice game scene engravings. The 12 gauge barrels come with the exclusive Optima-Bore® internal profile with lengthened forcing cone that improves shot pattern distribution and reduces felt recoil. A wide competition rib and either a white target or a luminous front sight come standard

M.

Hi guys, I'm a newbie and am now looking to get my first gun. I know you must get loads of these questions but any help would be much appreciated.

Anyways when I started looking the Price of the shotgun was about £1200, not its about £1700, apparetnly due to some sort of legislations the prices have gone up. This has now made the Beretta out of my budget, so i would like some recommendations on an alternative. I'll be using the shotgun mainly for trap/skeet and sporting but would also like the gun to be able to hangle Game shooting, as I probably will get invitations to go.

I have been practicing with a 12g 30" beretta 682 and thats doing well for me, but was thinking of gettind a different one.

Any help?

Hi, if you are serious about buying a new Beretta I have a brand new Silver Pigeon Extra Wood up for grabs, it was a prize.

I would rather have had a new rifle but didnt have the option. PM me if you are interested.

:good: D2D

Edited by dusk2dawn

the price rise came from beretta- apparently 15% this yr due to strength of Euro etc.... i suppose the manufacturing costs will have increased.

the silver pig 3 sporter has optima bore barrels and wide rib, the 's' level sporter will have mobil barrels and same rib. both would be fine, try a few guns and see what fits.

the 686 clay models seem same as 's' level but with different design on receiver and are cheaper,

682 is heavier and different stock, palm swell etc, optima bore prob better for clays but heavy to carry for a days game shooting. even the sil pig sporters are sl heavier than their game equivalents.

best advice is to try some guns and try to find a good secondhand one- as the price is better.