Which crop????

gazhamdo

can u tell me what crop i am to shoot over now that winter rape is flowering,or do i have to wait til it is harvested if so what is next crop on list and when,surely there is other fields getting hammered which need protecting?:blink:?:hmm:?:sick:?:(?;)???my head is lost in this rape field and am gan need 2 stand on me mates shoulders soon cos a cant c the flightpaths anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

please help, fanx

Edited by gazhamdo

i am not a nppc member although i am in the process of joining but this post was written by a friend who is a member of nppc and has been going out in the fields and finding very little to target over the overgrown rapeseed crops.... he was wondering wether he is supposed to be targeting winter rape or spring rape but his directions that was given to him by j shooter are sending him into highly grown rapeseed fields......??

yeh thanks for your advice but the point is we are directed to a field off the list and basically the rape is too high now and the pigeon are there but cant get to em cos they maybe 2 or three fields away feeding on something?:good:? this seems to be a bit of a flaw , so basically you can shoot at pigeon which fly over and tht aint many, 3 every 4 hours or so...... :good: so yes i understand that we will have to wait til next month but is a shame that other crops must be getting hammered and there is no pest control..... or is there?:sly:

yeh thanks for your advice I am not an NPPC member but the point is we are directed to a field off the list .......

Okay so we've established that you and your friend "who is a NPPC member?" are obviously deceitful and I very much doubt that your dubious friend was directed anywhere at the present because it's June mate and all the crops are up.

The only thing that pigeons are hammering is grass leys where they are finding weeds and clover :good:

C.B. :good:

Buy a book on pigeon shooting like the pigeon shooter, it will tell you the best times of the year is to shoot over rape and everything

Would it be not more useful to give advise rather than say buy a book? Isn't it why people join a pigeon shooting forum in the first place to gain knowledge ?

Edited by jonno 357

Buy a book on pigeon shooting like the pigeon shooter, it will tell you the best times of the year is to shoot over rape and everything

Would it be not more useful to give advise rather than say buy a book? Isn't it why people join a pigeon shooting forum in the first place to gain knowledge ?

The way I see it before you start anything like a sport you research about it. First thing I do is buy a book or Video on it then I will ask for more advice on the bits im not sure about.

Df

jonno i am so glad you seem to know what you are talking about, i have shown my friend how to use this forum as he is not up to scratch with internet etc....so i am sure he will try to find help for himself...the question was not how to shoot but how can he when the lists he has directs him to fields where there are no pigeon.... :hmm: as far as people like country boy is concerned- u know what you can go do yeh.... idiot!!!! my friend has been shooting for 25 year in northumberland and decided to join nppc, mr shooter directed him to this forum for help,tips and so on and then to get accused of being decietful and dubious from a know it all is a joke, thanks country boy,u are a big help :rolleyes:

Look gazza, first you say you are NOT a nppc member but your buddy IS, then you say WE are directed to a field off the list, sounds tricky to me mate and if thats not dubious then old jonno is a true lemming.

If your friend has been shooting for 25years then he should know that oilseed rape whether autumn or spring sown is a difficult crop to access and decoy in the middle of June, but then if like me he is prepared to check carefully as many places as possible he might just find a small oasis.

CB. :beer:

jonno i am so glad you seem to know what you are talking about, i have shown my friend how to use this forum as he is not up to scratch with internet etc....so i am sure he will try to find help for himself...the question was not how to shoot but how can he when the lists he has directs him to fields where there are no pigeon.... :lol: as far as people like country boy is concerned- u know what you can go do yeh.... idiot!!!! my friend has been shooting for 25 year in northumberland and decided to join nppc, mr shooter directed him to this forum for help,tips and so on and then to get accused of being decietful and dubious from a know it all is a joke, thanks country boy,u are a big help :beer:

No problems gazhamdo. If you need an advice again please feel free to PM

Jonno

Gazza, it's my guesstimate that you don't even qualify to join nppc as it is SC holders only, and if you are tagging along with your buddy who (you say) is a nppc member you're out of order, even if you are only holding his hand :good:

Cheers, C.B. :good:

you seem to guess a lot of things you do, why dont you ask me if i have a cert before you start accusing. you just a trouble maker who sticks his nose in to other peoples business.. if you had asked before you criticise people u might not get such a hostile conversation... :good: maybe not.. you just sound like a first class *****.. and as far as going to observe-- i sticking by rules and it got nowt to do with you or anybody so, best advice i can give you-- keep ya massive nose out you

Basically i have been shooting air rifles over the years just going where ever i can. not targetting any particular crop.

Yep, thought so gazza you've not got a shotgun ticket.

Guests and/or observers not welcome on nppc shoots :good:

I just checked with JB - he says members only :good:

Ring him yerself : 01423 711489 / 07702 012700.

Only trying to be of help to you mate :good:

you know u can go climb up your own ****, read your rules you fool!!!!! yes no guests but observers are allowed... :good: i know that and i not a member. :good: so go f... yourself mate and do not talk any of ya **** to me again. i was right first time u are total idiot. please do not reply..... i dont talk to childesh arrogant pricks who know nowt!!! :good: what a waste of time some people seem to be in this world..... :good:

With an attitude like that I wont even want you on my land and allow you to shoot a water pistol.

Df