Logun S16s

PUSC

so its a bit of a marmite gun then. u love it or u hate it :good: think im gonna see if i can find 1 to try out. but still would like to hear from other ppls please! also hw much are you looking at one a mk2 preferably 2nd hand?

so its a bit of a marmite gun then. u love it or u hate it :good: think im gonna see if i can find 1 to try out. but still would like to hear from other ppls please! also hw much are you looking at one a mk2 preferably 2nd hand?

there stonking guns i paid £400 for a second hand one inc lazer / bipod

and the aftersales service from logan is the best i have ever had the privilage to use

I've got the mkII S16s and its a fine rifle, very accurate indeed and will easily take down bunnies at 30 - 40 yrds (with practice). It did have a slight problem with an air leak once, but "Logun SG3" grease on the air bottle thread sorted that out straight away. Yes it's a little on the heavy side compared with the likes of S4xx range of Air Arms rifles, but fit a sling for long walks and a bi-pod to rest on and you'll be fine. Personally I don't find it that heavy to be honest, just get down the gym and you'll be fine :good:

A lot of people slate the Logun S16s but the problems encountered are down to user error, double loading pellets is a common problem. I admit I double loaded mine a few times when I first got mine but luckly cleared it with a pull of the trigger, (the barrel is an **** to get off!!).

One issue I would draw your attention to, getting specific Logun parts (from Webley/ AGS) can result in a loooooong wait, they are not very quick at all!! You can wait for ages (upto 4 weeks) for parts to arrive (like seals, QD Studs, filler adaptors etc...) but you should get these when you buy the gun.

I got mine secondhand for £300 with AGS Swat Scope, bag and in .22 flavour

Top Tips when buying second hand:

I'd suggest you go for the "Mk II" S16, it is far more reliable than the Mk I.

Make sure it has with it (in order of importance)

1) S16 filler valve (or S16s filler valve depending on the rifle)

2) QD Stud

3) Spare seals

Accessories:

1) Don't bother spending £60 on the "Logun Laser" you can buy lasers off eBay for under a tenner delivered which will fit in the foregrip.

2) Buy Logun SG3 grease (about £5 delivered), put a smear on the bottle thread every time you fill it up

3) "Logun Penetrators" are the best pellets I have used for long and short range hunting, but most pellets are accurate in this rifle.

Other Tips:

1) Read the Instructions carefully and learn how to use the loading bolt, this will stop you double loading and possibly blocking the barrel (you can download the manual from the web)

2) Before you let mates use it make sure they know how the bolt works or load it for them, it'll save you trouble.

Hope the above helps mate!

Edited by Blimey

Search the classifieds on this forum, "Airgunforum.net" and "Airgun BBS", it took me 2 months before I found one I liked the look of. If you do a Search on google for "Logun s16 for sale" you should get an idea of whats about.

A very quick scan showed these one's up:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201227

http://www.ukpcoforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1775

Good luck!

Edited by Blimey

Deffo try to get one to hold and shoot before you buy. However when you do come to buy one haggle the price down and you'll get a good deal, mine was priced at £350 originally, but I got another seller down from £400 (but it was MkI and I wanted a Mk II), so there are deals to be done... :good:

Good luck in your search.

Edited by Blimey

Great rifles these,I have owned both & yes they are heavy but that is the only draw back IMHO as far a double loading is concerned thats just user error ,I still use my S16s and have put through around 4 tins of pelletes through it with out a single problem :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by JJaxeman

I have owned a logun S16 MKII - great guns if a little heavy and uncomfortable. I think they are great value if you are looking for a bunny basher to use on a bipod. As has been mentioned - most of the reported problems are due to user error. Download the instructions and read them. Logun gun grease makes all the difference - on the seals including the ones on the magazine. Also, when cocking and loading you need to be firm with it - don't worry it won't break as it is over-engineered! I never had any problems in about 18 months of ownership. You can get them for about £300-350 for all the kit plus a scope, shouded versions are a bit more for not much more benefit - slightly lighter and shorter. The S16's are accurate, robust and quiet rifles.