Bettinsoli

dazza

well i've just bought one, 12 bore, multichoke, it shoots well for me feels nice, looks ok, unfortunatley for me someone at some point fitted a striker that was too long on the bottom barrel , i noticed that it was putting a vertical score on cartridges so i took it back, and he shortened the pin for me, however on test firing on saturday the top misfired it seems like it isnt hitting hard enough so it's back for that looked at , and it seems like it's hitting the bottom cart too hard and broke the cap on one i fired, so it's back getting looked at, hope to pick it up on friday.

by a funny coincidence the clay pigeon club at uni that i go to also has a bettinsoli o/u very similar to mine except i think the stock has been fitted to a lefty at some point it still seems to break clays fine though, and is enjoyable and it gives good service every wednesday afternoon.

i've heard bad reports and god reports about them i think it's best if you can get hold of one and give it a go.

mine was 225 with 5 chokes and the key and i got 150 carts thrown in aswell

Hi guys,

First post I have just bought a Bettinsoli O/U 30" Fixed choke 1/4 & 1/2 not had a chance to soo much as break a clay with it yet. But father in law who's a gamekeeper reckons it comes up nice.

Hoping to have a shot soon. Paid £475 for it new.

Cheers.

i have had one for a few years now and i do rate it feels well made to i use it for most of my shooting too i have only had one problem and that was a firing pin broke but i got two more made and fitted for £50 which i think i good also the firing pin can go on any gun

well i've just bought one, 12 bore, multichoke, it shoots well for me feels nice, looks ok, unfortunatley for me someone at some point fitted a striker that was too long on the bottom barrel , i noticed that it was putting a vertical score on cartridges so i took it back, and he shortened the pin for me, however on test firing on saturday the top misfired it seems like it isnt hitting hard enough so it's back for that looked at , and it seems like it's hitting the bottom cart too hard and broke the cap on one i fired, so it's back getting looked at, hope to pick it up on friday.

by a funny coincidence the clay pigeon club at uni that i go to also has a bettinsoli o/u very similar to mine except i think the stock has been fitted to a lefty at some point it still seems to break clays fine though, and is enjoyable and it gives good service every wednesday afternoon.

i've heard bad reports and god reports about them i think it's best if you can get hold of one and give it a go.

mine was 225 with 5 chokes and the key and i got 150 carts thrown in aswell

Funnily enough there was a bloke at the club the other day who was having a nightmare with his gun. I inquired and he said," brand new betti" but the pin on the top barrel was only touching the primer. First time out and it became a real mare for the poor sod.

Jim