When do you get yours??

I normally get my pheasants from a keeper friend at about eight weeks old in early August. He has now moved to the other end of the country so that source is no longer there. I work away so am left with getting them either middle of July or middle of August. As they will be game farm birds I guess they will be six weeks old. We do not release a great many and have our firts shoot usually mid November. So when do you guys think will be best, mid July or mid August??

Mine will be ready for releasing around 20th July.

Any earlier and they will get combined, and later and they wont be on enough to shoot for Beginning of November, i like mine to have tails. The first year i had them mid august, they were ok, but werent as good a birds than the earlier released birds.

Alex <_<

A lot depends on stocking density in your pens. Too many too soon can lead to losses through disease and pecking.

But slow release into good cover crops and feeding regimes with the predators under control with give you some loyal birds that fly well