just cartridges

got some of these cartridges the other day and i must say they are very good real hard hitting if anyone is in two minds dont be get some they work very well they do kick abit and thats in my semi and there not a bad price try some i think there great. :blush::stupid:

I have been using GAMEBORE Blue Diamonds.

Work superbly still have a decent patten at 50 yards and i frequently knock over bunny's at that distance with clean kills... and only £40.00 / 250 from the local clay ground.. :blush:

Work superbly still have a decent patten at 50 yards and i frequently knock over bunny's at that distance with clean kills... and only £40.00 / 250 from the local clay ground.. :lol:

As far as I'm aware, the largest shot size in blue diamond is 7.5, and they're only available in 24 or 28g loads. That is not sufficient to humanly kill rabbits at 50 yards. Maybe you have killed a few cleanly but how many more have you wounded?? Not an acceptable cartridge for what you describe. :lol::lol:

Get the right cartridges for the job - at least no. 6's but ideally 5's if they're at longer ranges.

Considering a shotgun kills not just by damage to vital organs but by this and a combination of the shock of multiple strikes then im sure that if you hit a rabbit it will drop.

I must admit i use 6s for rabbits. - but id struggle to see one at 50 yards...lol

at long ranges how many shots actually enter the flesh and how many are caught between that and the skin.

im sure somone will put me right but any cart will kill if you are sensible

Work superbly still have a decent patten at 50 yards and i frequently knock over bunny's at that distance with clean kills... and only £40.00 / 250 from the local clay ground.. :lol:

As far as I'm aware, the largest shot size in blue diamond is 7.5, and they're only available in 24 or 28g loads. That is not sufficient to humanly kill rabbits at 50 yards. Maybe you have killed a few cleanly but how many more have you wounded?? Not an acceptable cartridge for what you describe. :lol::lol:

Get the right cartridges for the job - at least no. 6's but ideally 5's if they're at longer ranges.

As you know a shotgun cartridge is all relivant,

28 gram No 7 = 28 grams of No 7 size shot.

32 gram No 5 = 32 grams of No 5 size shot

No 7 is as you probably know a smaller bb than a No 5, therefore more of them in a cartridge, therefore increasing the density of the patten and the ammount of shot in the target, which ultimatly means they fall flat on spot.

Trust me they knock em over at 50 yards....

As far as I'm aware, the largest shot size in blue diamond is 7.5, and they're only available in 24 or 28g loads. That is not sufficient to humanly kill rabbits at 50 yards. Maybe you have killed a few cleanly but how many more have you wounded?? Not an acceptable cartridge for what you describe. :rolleyes::good:

No 7 is as you probably know a smaller bb than a No 5, therefore more of them in a cartridge, therefore increasing the density of the patten and the ammount of shot in the target, which ultimatly means they fall flat on spot.

I'm not sure what your point is in the first part of your post, but am guessing you're trying to say that a 28g no. 7 cartridge has approx the same number of pellets as a 32g no. 5? Probably not far from the truth, but I can't be bothered to check exact numbers. My point is that smaller pellet sizes have less energy and therefore are not suitable for shooting game, particularly at longer ranges. Show your quarry some respect and don't use 7 1/2s for rabbits. I don't doubt you're killed a few with them, but out of the ones you think you've missed, plenty will have been peppered with pellets that have not had enough energy to kill them instantly.

There is no sound argument for shooting rabbits with 7.5's.

As far as I'm aware, the largest shot size in blue diamond is 7.5, and they're only available in 24 or 28g loads. That is not sufficient to humanly kill rabbits at 50 yards. Maybe you have killed a few cleanly but how many more have you wounded?? Not an acceptable cartridge for what you describe. :good::lol:

I'm not sure what your point is in the first part of your post, but am guessing you're trying to say that a 28g no. 7 cartridge has approx the same number of pellets as a 32g no. 5? Probably not far from the truth, but I can't be bothered to check exact numbers. My point is that smaller pellet sizes have less energy and therefore are not suitable for shooting game, particularly at longer ranges. Show your quarry some respect and don't use 7 1/2s for rabbits. I don't doubt you're killed a few with them, but out of the ones you think you've missed, plenty will have been peppered with pellets that have not had enough energy to kill them instantly.

There is no sound argument for shooting rabbits with 7.5's.

:rolleyes:

50 yards sounds very long, especially with a clay cartridge. Wouldn't try it myself.

Robert

I wouldn't use 7.5 shot to shoot at anything with a heartbeat and certainly not a rabbit.

Getting back to the original post.

How much are the "csp 12g 28gm fiber 6.5" and what do they add for postage on 1000 ?

EDIT NOTE: Just had a look at their webiste and answered my own questions. :rolleyes: