remmington model 7 .243cal

radio1ham

If this is the lightweight one, then yes I have shot one in and in .243 as it happens.

It was a bit 'lively' for my liking, but the owner loves it to bits.

He has at least half a dozen centrefire rifles at any one time, but he always grabs the Model 7 if he is off stalking.

That is the only one I have ever seen, so I guess there aren't that many of them about?

I have a 700 Mountain Rifle in 243 with the DM, no longer listed in the catalogue but looks very much like the CDL. I have had it bedded and floated and it shoots very well with 100 GRN Core Lokt, designed for lightness and has a pencil thin barrel that shoots great for 3 shots or so then things open up a little. Not a problem for its intended use at all but it takes a while to zero properly which is why I never mess with it, it has a S & B 6 X 42 on top which suits it perfectly.

Enjoy.

the model 7's are nice little guns. Think of them as a miniature 700. I passed on one that, looking back, I should have grabbed. It was a 7 CDL in 6mm rem. It had a Leupold 3-9 vari-x II on it. I forget the price they were asking, but I should have scraped it together and gotten the gun. It would have made a great little deer rifle (in the US or over here). It had a tiny sporter weight barrel and with the scope couldn't have weighed 7 lb. Ah well, there will be more gun buys in the future.

Thanks

Rick

i personally would pass on most of the new remington products, alot of people where i am have them and so i have seen and shot alot of them, and almolst all semi rifles and or shottys from them have been garbage and plagued with problems, and h8 to say it but in one case i have even seen a rem700 shoot for ****, the older remingtons were good and people here are starting to wonder why when they replace there 20 year old remington with a new one and turn out unimpressed, either go back to there old remington or buy a tikka or savage etc, if you want a conpact rifle look at some of the new ruger mk77's