Logun s-16

blacta

Brilliant rifles, that are shrouded by a myth of problems.

I had a Mk1 S-16 and it was very accurate and certainly had a feel good factor about it. For me though, it was slightly heavy and for my shorter arms, a little too long in the stock. Apart from that it was very reliable.

You will no doubt come across people that say they are troublesome, that simply isnt true. Most of the problems encountered were more over because of improper use. If you follow the Logun manual to the letter opertationaly and service wise, you will enjoy the rifle to its max. I can reassure you that they are very accurate.

Good examples complete with bag, scope, magazine, fill adapter, bi-pods and lazer can be purchased for around £300-£350

If its a Mk2 it will be labelled S-16S which is the shrouded version and comes with a pump, i'd say its a fair price.

I would say however, that you should check it out and then check out alternatives.

What you must take onboard is that the S-16 just like the Rapid 7 and the BSA S-10 to name a few, all have a large air reservoir. Pumping them with a manual pump is not for the feint hearted. This is when you will learn about Dive Shops and Air Tanks. It is also when you start to consider if your first choice was the right one. :rolleyes:

The thing with the original deal as I said, is the pump. Pumping the bottle up on the S16 is going to take some effort. I would look towards getting a rifle with a smaller capacity. You could also consider the compromise and go for a gasram instead.

Good quality budget PCP setup would be an AirArms S200. But with all things firearm, its personal preference. Get down to a local club, they will be more than happy for you to try some rifles out etc and give you advice.

I use a S16s myself aswell as a Rapid although that is a FAC one and I love the S16s it does exactly what you want the only downside I would say is the weight but that is it forget the myth about Jam's that is just user error have made many a rabbit pie/sausage's thanks to my S16s . :good::no:

I had an S-16 for a while. Great rifles. Very robust and reliable contrary to popular belief. You just have to read the manual and do what it says (Logun grease the O-rings on the bottle and mag and don't pussy foot about when using the cocking bolt). If you are after rabbits, I can't think of a better choice for the money because you can rest all that weight on a bipod and shoot away. No wood to break, scratch and it takes down nicely for transportation.