S410K to a HW100SK

peacey

Just took the plunge and traded my S410K for a HW100SK .22 after firing my mates HW100TK version in .177 down at the range yesterday. Don't like the thumbhole stock though or the .177 bit. I've always championed the S410K and still will, for the money. Mine had plenty of rabbits in it's time but this thing I think will have plenty more. I couldn't afford a weihrauch when i started out because of the expense of the charging gear that goes with a PCP but the shop gave me a nice trade in price today and I couldn't say no. Built up with scope and zeroed in to 30 yard within the hour, well pleased. Sad to see the S410K go but we all have to move up sometime. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it as much as I did. Just can't believe how good the HW100SK is :good::good::hmm:

Edited by peacey

well peacey i think you will find the 410k brill but the hw even better. those germans can build things well.i feel air arms have to pull their socks up to keep up with the other makers.apparently the new 5oo/510 series are nearing release.side cocking like the hw but i fear they have nt done much to the internals to make it more efficient.good luck with the hw they are a superb bit of kit

Just took the plunge and traded my S410K for a HW100SK .22 after firing my mates HW100TK version in .177 down at the range yesterday. Don't like the thumbhole stock though or the .177 bit. I've always championed the S410K and still will, for the money. Mine had plenty of rabbits in it's time but this thing I think will have plenty more. I couldn't afford a weihrauch when i started out because of the expense of the charging gear that goes with a PCP but the shop gave me a nice trade in price today and I couldn't say no. Built up with scope and zeroed in to 30 yard within the hour, well pleased. Sad to see the S410K go but we all have to move up sometime. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it as much as I did. Just can't believe how good the HW100SK is :good::no::good:

I'm doing pretty much the same thing.

I've chopped in my .22 S410 as I want to swap to a .177 HW100S.

Trouble is i've just bought a .177 S410 on airgunbbs for £300, I couldn't help it lol.

I'm gonna keep it for a month or two until I can afford the HW then I'll chop it in :)

One thing concerns me about the HW in that you can't adjust power because of the anti tamper, what happens in a couple of years time when the gun drops in power?

Edited by Muddy Funker