Johnny Cash

red_stag88

Does anyone here like Johnny Cash? I had bit of time to kill between some lessons, and I had heard Folsom Prison Blues before, so I popped down to the local record shop. I decided to buy "Murder" By Johnny Cash. It is a compelation put together by Cash as his "personal selection of my recordings of songs of robbers, liars and murderers." I love the way each song tells a story about a person, a criminal. But as Tarantino states on the insde "Cash never lets them escape regret." May of the songs nearly bring a tear to the eye, for example the story of a young cowboy who thinks he is a real man and doesn't heed his mother's advice "not to take his guns to town". Not all the songs are sad though, one called Cocaine Blues which is good for a laugh.

I will have to go out and by "Life" now - just to cheer me up :thumbs:

Ironically "Life" was relesed in the year of his death.

Does anyone here like Johnny Cash? I had bit of time to kill between some lessons, and I had heard Folsom Prison Blues before, so I popped down to the local record shop. I decided to buy "Murder" By Johnny Cash. It is a compelation put together by Cash as his "personal selection of my recordings of songs of robbers, liars and murderers." I love the way each song tells a story about a person, a criminal. But as Tarantino states on the insde "Cash never lets them escape regret." May of the songs nearly bring a tear to the eye, for example the story of a young cowboy who thinks he is a real man and doesn't heed his mother's advice "not to take his guns to town". Not all the songs are sad though, one called Cocaine Blues which is good for a laugh.

I will have to go out and by "Life" now - just to cheer me up :lol:

Ironically "Life" was relesed in the year of his death.

Red,

Jonny Cash rocks! I have been listening to him, and others of the ilk, eversince I can remember thanks to my old man.

Did you know he does a cover of Nine Inch Nails 'hurt' and he spent some studio time with Trent Reznor.

A man who has truly been to hell and back and interesting as ****.

LB :thumbs:

LB,

Are you the Brother that my Mother had with the Milkman :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Currently Life and Unchained are on my wish list. :(

Have you been to his website and watched the tribute video? Truly touching.

http://www.johnnycash.com

Red :yp:

Red,

I am flattered that you think I may be your bruv. But after seeing your picture recently, I am confident that I am not, especially as I am Black. :P:D :yp:

Saved the link and I will check it out when I have some time to enjoy it.

Cheers mate :thumbs: