Insulation

ME

I am after some ceiling insulation. Preferably the 200mm stuff.

I need 55m2 or 600sqft in old money.

Anyone know where I can get some on the cheap ? :good:

Anyone suggest a supplier ? . I just tried our local Jewsons, any other ideas ? I need it delivered to Wickford Essex.

Now, anyone fancy a days work insulating the suspended ceiling in my office ?. (it is only about 7ft from the floor so no vertigo issues!)

Just a case of popping up the ceiling tiles and rolling out the itchy stuff..

Edited by LV

The government offer an incentive scheme where they come round and insulate the loft for you at subsadised cost; They also inject the cavity walls under a seperate subsadised scheme. All part of becoming greener

My brother in law got a quote from them on a four bed house for both loft insulation and wall injection and it came in around around £250 each, parts and labour. This was a lot cheaper than what it would have cost had he got people in to do the job.

If you're interested and can't find the details on the net, send me a pm and I'll ask him how he went about doing it...

Good luck

The government offer an incentive scheme where they come round and insulate the loft for you at subsadised cost; They also inject the cavity walls under a seperate subsadised scheme. All part of becoming greener

My brother in law got a quote from them on a four bed house for both loft insulation and wall injection and it came in around around £250 each, parts and labour. This was a lot cheaper than what it would have cost had he got people in to do the job.

If you're interested and can't find the details on the net, send me a pm and I'll ask him how he went about doing it...

Good luck

This is a rented office. I spoke to the landlord and he wont stump up so it's down to me unfortunately.

After years of defaulting to B&Q I now use Wickes for most stuff, they seem to have more of it and seem a bit cheaper?

Maybe give them a go.

I will say none of the DIY shops have very good sites, it is normally quicker for me just to go down there - maybe that is the idea . .

Good shout on Wickes Stuart.

They are doing buy one, get one free on the non-itchy stuff - 150mm. OK it's not the 200mm I wanted but at half price it is still a bargain ! (delivered anywhere in the UK)

Thanks for that. Feel the love ! :good:

I ordered it from Wickes at 16:00hrs yesterday and it was delivered this morning at 09:30hrs ! ;)

It has a plastic covering on it. I am getting itchy just looking at it, would that be normal ? :good: :(