Deact bullets???

andy001

Dear All guys and gals.

I'm not sure if this in the right section.

I know about airguns-because i shoot them. Mainly hunting..but i know NOTHNG of proper guns!

So please excuse the stupidity of my sense I will not make ;-)

I've a deact shotgun-as a wall piece.

Do 12 bores-ever use bullet cartridges?? Not shot cartridges.

If so, is there a thing as deact bullets? Once a bullet has been shot-is the bullet legal to own by a none ticket holder?

How would i go about getting a 'bullet' cartridge? and getting a new bullet tip made for it?? Without the powder inside!

Cheers

Andrew

As said mate, there are slugs but from what i can gather you are after a show piece???

The slug cartridge looks like a normal shotgun cartridge, the slug is contained within, so it would not be like a rifle round with the bullet on show.

Hope that makes sense!

Ice

Andrew the answer is no.

Shotguns do not have a bullet. There is no reason why you cant have some empty cartridges for your show de-activated shotgun though.

There is no reason why you can't have some live cartridges for show. There is no law that says you have to have a licence to own them only to buy them.

>As said mate, there are slugs but from what i can gather you are after a show piece???

>The slug cartridge looks like a normal shotgun cartridge, the slug is contained within, so it would not be like a rifle round with >the bullet on show.

Any slugs I have seen have a Rolled top to them and the slug is visible in the end. I will get one out of my cabinet and take a pic.

As far as I'm aware, you can have a regular live shotgun cartridge without any paperwork. You cannot hold slugs, which are restricted even from shotgun certificate holders. You have to have a FAC to have solid slug ammunition. I think you can hold an inert slug round as it's not an expanding missile, but I'm not sure.