.17 Mach II

tulkyuk

hi i bought a sako .17hm2 barrel for my quad, the hm2 is very accurate, alot less likley to ricochet fires flat out to 100 maybe 120 yds, it is not as quiet as a silenced .22 but it is as loud as a .22 without the silencer the ammo is about half the price of .17hmr but not nearly as cheap as .22, i purchased the hm2 as i had a bloddy dodgy ricochet that put the fear of christ up me and i would highly recomend it hope this helps abit.

Been offerd a new anshultz 1517dhb for good money - they are supposed to be good bunny guns for 125yrds + and the ammo is a lot cheaper than HMR, admitedly not quiet as a 22lr but does give that bit more range and with ammo the same price as stingers and as lot more accurate is just seems to be a good option.

This will probably cause a row but I heard that mach2 is more accurate than HMR :good:

I once had a 7mm 3 shot group at 120 yards with mine and I like the way that it's a bit less damaging to the rabbits as far as the meat goes.

Longest range rabbit so far with Mach2 is 165 yards but I generally keep the shots below 130 (zero'd at 90 which means virtually flat to 105)

One of the 2 peices of land that I have is not cleared for HMR so this coupled with the cheaper ammo means that I will be sticking with Mach2 for the foreseeable.

Edited by Aldo