Marrow bones

MartinP

As above - never give your dog cooked bones.

We gave our two a couple of knap bones and watched them regress back to being wild animals for a couple of days. Take a before and after look at your dog's teeth - you should be pleasantly surprised!

I always find that if i give my clumber any bones .

For the next two day afterwards he has a funny tummy.

the springer is ok .

Is their a way round this as the bone are good for their teeth and gums.

I did wonder if i should cut out his evening meal if he has a bone during the day.

Or should i be doing that anyway :good:

xxxsuzy

Just a quickie,

Our butcher just gave me a bucket load of marrow bones which i intend to freeze. Do i need to cook em or can i give to the beast raw. If cooked, i presume i boil them!!!!

Ta guys and gals

Uncooked everytime, not only good for their teeth and gums but also keeps them happy and out of mischief :yes:

Nothing quite like hearing your dog enjoying a good bone and well worth the effort of seeking out an obliging butcher.

:good: D2D

dont ever feed a dog cooked bones as (1) they can compact in the dogs gut and cause blockages and infections (2) have you ever heard a dog scream as it tries to **** with a splinter of bone jabbing in to his ring piece i have, my mrs gave my dog some cooked rabbit still on the bone next day the dog tries to **** ends up screaming its head off as tho it was being beaten to death.i was lucky as the dog eventualy managed to pass it but i thought it was going to be a trip to the vets.so for the next few days i just fed her (dog)not mrs on soft food rice/pasta with thin cut chicken breast fillet,yes i do spoil her,and just kept my on her a bit more so please respect yor dog and dont feed cooked bones paul