Gun cabinet on external wall

V8landy

Hi

I am after some advice about the location of for a gun cabinet.

I have a loaction in mind within my house which is inside a built-in cupboard on the ground floor, only thing is it would have to be bolted to an extranal wall, is this a problem?

Thanks

Edited by V8landy

I would say that's the best location. New houses often have plaster board internal walls and the external wall is the only sound material to bolt into. Can't see it being an issue in respect of your FEO visit. As long as it's securely fixed and out of casual view you'll be fine.

Your are quite correct MarKio about modern houses and the external wall generaly being the only brick (block) walls of the building.

I have just found this reference, and it does not directly rule out external walls.

Infact the place I have I can have it in the corner of the cupboard and therfore bolt the two walls and the floor

http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio...pdf?view=Binary

I didn't even have the cabinet installed when my FEO came for the initial visit. I showed him where i intended to fit it and he was happy, had he not been happy he would of suggested an alternative.

Sounds like you've got everything in order mate. Just get the application in the post and wait for a visit. It really isn't the worrying experience that everyone thinks it is.

Your are quite correct MarKio about modern houses and the external wall generaly being the only brick (block) walls of the building.

I have just found this reference, and it does not directly rule out external walls.

Infact the place I have I can have it in the corner of the cupboard and therfore bolt the two walls and the floor

my house is timber framed with a brick skin but i didn't tell the feo that he just assumed traditional build but iam going to chemical fix to the floor

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't even have the cabinet installed when my FEO came for the initial visit. I showed him where i intended to fit it and he was happy, had he not been happy he would of suggested an alternative.

Sounds like you've got everything in order mate. Just get the application in the post and wait for a visit. It really isn't the worrying experience that everyone thinks it is.

Looking at where you live and I live, we have the same FEO and my cabinet was not installed on my visit, he just said he would trust me to install it as I promised, really really nice guy !!

my house is timber framed with a brick skin but i didn't tell the feo that he just assumed traditional build but iam going to chemical fix to the floor

what's your floor made of?