Waiting for licence

a2oth

New on this site and at the game.

Shotgun application has been in for a couple of weeks. I’ve got the gun safe and I know where I’m going to put it. I know where the carts are going to be kept. What I don’t know, is, where should I keep the keys? Do they have to be locked away, hidden or what? Any info would help, :good:

the keys are to be kept safe by you,no one is suppose to have access to them.where you keep them is your choice,on your person would be a good idea.you could hide the spare keys somewhere safe,but keep the main set on you ,i do. :good:

oh and welcome mate.

Edited by codling99

Ive just sent away for my SGC. I got the safe as well. I have also a little safe with all my valuable stuff in I am gonna keep one key in there and the other one hidden somewhere else.

Just make sure no one else will get the keys, just hide them in the house somewhere no one else knows. I like to keep them seperate though.

I was going to keep the spare set in my FIL gun cabinet, different house and safe, only he has access to this

kev1 ----> The only person to know where these keys are left or kept is you and only you.....

^^hmm ok then to plan B, to place them somewhere hidden and safe so i can forget where that was in <x> time

Edited by Kevitree

New on this site and at the game.

Shotgun application has been in for a couple of weeks. I’ve got the gun safe and I know where I’m going to put it. I know where the carts are going to be kept. What I don’t know, is, where should I keep the keys? Do they have to be locked away, hidden or what? Any info would help, :lol:

I tend to keep my keys with me most of the time. Peace of mind knowing exactly where they are.

I also briefed my wife that if the FLO or plod were ever to call round asking her for access to the guns, that she is to say to them that she has no idea whatsoever of where the keys are kept and refer them to me.

Ultimately, do what you feel comfortable with and feel is the safest/most secure.

:good: to PW too. :lol:

Thanks all.

Sorry it took me a day to reply to you all, but, as I said, I’m new and it’s taken me this long to work out how to find my post. You’re a prolific lot. 5 pages of posts since I placed mine. Nice to see an active forum for a change.

:good: