HAIRY BAKERS

JJaxeman

As the title say's have now watched all of the Hairy Bakers episodes and what fun they are :yes: So I tried the hairy bakers bread recipie for Ale and & Cheese bread and must say what a lovely loaf it is have enclosed a pic of the second loaf since this recipie makes two but the first was eaten so quikly didn't get a chance of the two together any way here's the ingredient's reqd and method :

Ingredients

4 tsp sugar

2 tsp dried yeast

450ml/16fl oz brown ale, at room temperature

520g/1lb 2½oz strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting

320g/11oz wholemeal flour

200g/7oz cheddar cheese, grated

75g/2½oz parmesan cheese, grated

50g/2oz powdered milk

1½tsp salt

1½tsp mustard powder

2 free-range eggs, beaten

2 tsp fennel seeds

1 free-range egg, white only, for glazing

Method

1. In a bowl dissolve the sugar and yeast in the brown ale and set aside for 5-6 minutes.

2. Mix the bread flour, the wholemeal flour, cheddar, parmesan, powdered milk, salt, mustard powder, eggs and fennel seeds in a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast and beer mixture and mix well with your hands until the mixture forms a soft dough.

3. Using floured hands, knead the dough on a clean, floured work surface for 20-25 minutes until smooth and elastic. If the dough becomes too dry add a little warm water.

4. Divide the dough into two loaves and place them onto a large baking tray. Using a sharp knife, score the top of the loaves with a criss-cross pattern. Cover with a clean damp tea towel and leave for two hours in a warm, dry and draught-free place, until the dough has risen and doubled in size.

5. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. When the loaves have expanded, brush each with the egg white.

6. Transfer the loaves to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the bread has cooked through and the crust is golden-brown.

7. To serve, slice the loaves and serve with the apple, cider and onion soup.

And here's the pic of what I made :

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/JJaxeman/S73F0794.jpg

Its so dam easy to make I used some home made Ale for this and it was bloody lovely :good::hmm: