handmade knifes so far

pauldr

how much plz

Ditto ???

the first knife in the picture was a kit i got i just made the handles it was a nice knife but the steel wasnt brilliant ... the other knifes are 4 ml high carbon steel the same as the ray mears knifes with these i do the entire knife myself so i can do more or less any shape / length i choose

the other knifes are 4 ml high carbon steel the same as the ray mears knifes with these i do the entire knife myself so i can do more or less any shape / length i choose

What steel did you use for #4, it looks like it's an old saw blade or something similar.

Where do you get the steel for your knives?

There's a good series on Youtube for anyone else interested in making their own...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysKd1cswlo

Nial.

the other knifes are 4 ml high carbon steel the same as the ray mears knifes with these i do the entire knife myself so i can do more or less any shape / length i choose

What steel did you use for #4, it looks like it's an old saw blade or something similar.

Where do you get the steel for your knives

There's a good series on Youtube for anyone else interested in making their own...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysKd1cswlo

Nial.

the steel from the 4th knife is the same as the others but when i heat treated it i didnt polish it , and i put file work all round the knife from the tip to the start of the blade

the steel from the 4th knife is the same as the others but when i heat treated it i didnt polish it , and i put file work all round the knife from the tip to the start of the blade

So that's just the effect of the oil when you quench it?

Where do you get the steel?

Nial

I like very much too-Can we have more pics of knife and sheath pls?

i will be starting work on 2 more knifes next week they will be the same basic design as the woodlore ( ray mears ) knives except the handles will be white with black fibre liners and black with red fibre liners

I like very much too-Can we have more pics of knife and sheath pls?

i will be starting work on 2 more knifes next week they will be the same basic design as the woodlore ( ray mears ) knives except the handles will be white with black fibre liners and black with red fibre liners