gun cammo

cooke103

do you think cammo on guns is a good idea  

54 members have voted

1. 1. do you think cammo on guns is a good idea

• yes
    • no

• 2 weeks later...

They don't have to be cam'd up, but it helps.

Like a few people have already pointed out, a shiny gun causes reflections and can be seen a mile away. Also, there is nothing in nature that is straight and black, so even if you are still, the gun will be obvious. Crows in particular, are very good at spotting guns. I'm sure many of us have noticed that when walking the dog, crows will fly staight overhead, but carry a gun, and they veer off sharply!

I think this thread ties in nicely with another one on the forum, where members are discussing what is the best cammo.

I would say, have a look at the cover of 'The Deer Stalking Handbook', by Graham Downing http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/19040...02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Notice how the DPM blends in well against the treeline, despite the snow, yet the dog, stick, rifle, binos and gloves all stand out. I know it's a deer stalker, and not a pigeon shooter, but it's food for thought.

Seeing as I'm new to this I am probably barking up the wrong tree but if you camo a gun wouldn't it be better to break up the outline a little with scrim net or the like?

This would not only disguise the outline but cover the shiney bits and come off easily for the "traditionalist days".

:D

In my opinion it really depends on what you are doing,

if you are sitting behind a decent hide then I don't really think there is a need for it,

if you are out in the field stalking bunnies etc then it makes sense to camo up as much as possible, :angry:

I don't use any on my shotgun but I have camo tape on my air rifle and use a piece of scrim on both air rifle and rimmy, :D

Guest flightline
post-11-1074193574.jpg

My gun . Barrels were done by Hydrographics in Newton Acliff York .

all the best yis yp  :D

I bet you were mad with `em YP. But I expect it`ll come off with paint stripper!