moving to Canada

Tel Time

I have hunted in north america on several occations ,both in canada and the states . I allways used to take my .270 rifle with me for the deer and moose in canada ,and it was never a problem . Just check the rifle in with the airline and pick it up again when you arrive . I never used to bother with ammo because it was another form to fill in ,it was eaiser buying it over there . your u.k. fire arms certificate is valid in the states and in canada and you will be accepted as a bona -fide hunter . you of course need all the local game licences that appy . They can be quite expensive as a visitor . You need a seperate licence for all the deer and antelope . A duck stamp ,a turkey stamp ,and these all cost money . I had the whole lot one year and it cost me about £300 . The licences were obtaind for me by my cousin who lives in new york state . I havent taken a gun with me for several years so dont lnow if it has changed much with the security thing that is going on at the moment . Hope this helps . Harnser .

what part of Canada are you moving too, and yes bringing your own guns should be not a big issue and you can apply for your Canadian firearms licence when you arrive (PAL) possesion aquisition licence and get it restricted so you may purchase handguns and millitary semiauto rifles even if you dount plan to its nice having the option cheers and if you are near me i can show you around if you like......Good luck

moving to Edmonton, Alberta, have got friends there as well as a good job offer, to be frank i am sh****ng myself about the move now with all the economic turmoil, especialy as its the building trade i am going to.

Thanks to all for the pm's guys and i will try and answer them all asap

I dont know what Alberta is like but i know Penticton in B.C is very slow at the moment.

My brother in Law works for an American company building RV's they had the factory shut down holiday in August, he still hasn't gone back to work and he's one of the main cabinet makers and fitters.

I spoke to him last week and he said life was getting very hard and all and sundry are starting to struggle.

Dont mean to be a black cloud with your move etc just wanted to pass the information on that i know.

But as we all know it may be bleak at the moment but the recovery will come and sooner would be better!!!

As i said before all the best, enjoy and you are a lucky bloke to be going to a better and much slower way of life :good:

to tell the truth mate i know its slowing down over there, but the way i see it is that its got to better than here, i have been the victim of racism and bigotry and being white, english and looking like a shaved Neanderthal cannot complain, my son is diabetic and i nearly died from meningitis a few years back and it left us in a world of trouble, help from anybody back then, ZERO, so i am turning my back on this country who's army i fought in, who's taxes i paid, who's laws i obeyed to see if i can find somewhere that i would like my kids to grow up, who's laws are equal and does not just see you as another person to tax to death and victimize

Edited by Tel Time

moving to Edmonton, Alberta, have got friends there as well as a good job offer, to be frank i am sh****ng myself about the move now with all the economic turmoil, especialy as its the building trade i am going to.

Thanks to all for the pm's guys and i will try and answer them all asap

wha kind of work you going into tel time? where in edmonton? when you coming over? lots of questions i know, been here 15/16 years now so anything i can do let me know.

drop me a line if you'd like.

Martin.

I totally agree with all your saying.

As for a better life for the kids, the life that they will experience in Canada is an amazing life.

When i take my kids over they are outside all the time the TV isnt even metioned and they enjoy everything around them.

I wish you all the best for your move and hope it all works out for you!

Keep us posted :good: