which 0ne

Since getting my 17 about 2 months ago my 22 has not seen much work. Only thing i would add is that the 17 does make more mess, and the 22 is quieter. :hmm:

If i was only going to have one it would be the 17 for me, longer range means the noise is not to much of an issue. I quite offen can shoot one rabbit and his mate 3 feet away hardly bats an eye lid, my best from one postion is emptying the 5 shot mag with 5 clean kills one shot after the other, all the rabbits were within a 40 yard circle roughly. :hmm:

same as other lads have posted.if the species you intend on shooting are for eating then you do need to go for head shots especiely with the hmr. but even a poorly place heart/lung shot on a rabbit can make the front end inedible with the 22lr.the 22lr will take a lot more learning than the hmr with my 22lr with a zero of 50yrds it will be about 8" low at 95 yrds.hmr pretty much flat give or take 1" between 35 to 100yrds. go for both use the hmr untill you get proficient on paper with th 22lr,you will most likely want to shoot paper with both at first.ammo wise yes buy 500 store 600 when you get down to 100 buy a block of 500 so you get the same batch.if youre successfull with your fac app youre not far from me so i could give you a zeroing/ practice session at garlands range.hth any probs give me a shout paul