rac warranty?

tweedledee

hi guys im looking at buying a car ,i recently saw one i liked and i asked the dealer what warranty he offered and he said he did nt do warranty but would give a rac warranty for £100.does anyone know how the rac warranty works? do they have to check the vehicle before offering it and would any work be carried out in the vehicles manufacturers garage? thanks,it`s maybe not worth the paper it`s wrote on :good:

Copied from a google search.

RAC Warranty offer a range of insurance related products aimed specifically at protecting motorists from all the unexpected costs of running a car. These include:-

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (Warranty)

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance is available over a 12 or 24 month period, regardless of when or where you purchased your vehicle. Cover starts 28 days after the policy is purchased.

RAC Warranty can provide cover ranging from our competitive Three Star policy through to our more comprehensive Five Star, Electrical and Mechanical policy. Levels of cover will be dependant on the age and mileage of your car.

MOT Test Failure Insurance

MOT Insurance has been designed to protect you against the failure of your vehicle when it undergoes an MOT Test, covering items on a VT30 (MOT fail sheet) up to a maximum of £650 including VAT.

Tyre Insurance

RAC Tyre Insurance will cover you in the event of sustaining punctures, accidental or malicious damage to any of the tyres fitted to your vehicle up to a maximum of £250 per tyre and £1,250 in aggregate per annum.

Key Insurance and Recovery

The Boomerang-Tag has been specifically designed to look after you in the event that your keys (motor, home or office) are lost, broken or stolen, up to a maximum claims limit of £500 per annum.

RAC warranty - well worth a look. However, even a link can suffer from a temporary breakdown, and that's what's happened here. Hopefully we'll have an update on this when it's been mended. In the meantime, you can still join the RAC, and still view other Insurance offers here. Especially of note is the RAC INSURANCE offer (announced 2004/10)

Cheers taz

Remember a warranty is only good for MECHANICAL FAILURE, this of course does not include wear and tear. Look at the claim limit too, if its £500 and the engine blows up then you fork out for the difference. Also check what is covered on the Extras part - e.g Air con, Turbo

I have had warranties and unless they are from a main dealer they really are a waste of time in my experience.

WIth that in mind make your decision.

Remember a warranty is only good for MECHANICAL FAILURE, this of course does not include wear and tear. Look at the claim limit too, if its £500 and the engine blows up then you fork out for the difference. Also check what is covered on the Extras part - e.g Air con, Turbo

I have had warranties and unless they are from a main dealer they really are a waste of time in my experience.

WIth that in mind make your decision.

Mechanical breakdown insurance and it realy ain't worth a toss unless it's a small claim which they can reject if the mileage is high :wub:

LB