Whats needed to go on a shoot?

scotttomo

Ok so i've got my rifle, and been practising as much as i can, and i'm in the middle of writing a letter asking for permission for a shoot in my area. But if it comes off and i get asked to attend what details will i need to show the landowner?

The only reason i'm asking is that my rifle was bought 2nd hand, so do i need to register it with the local authourites to make them aware i have a rifle? And in turn do i need to show the landowner any particular paperwork? Although i know insurance is a must!!

I just don't want to get caught out when/if i get a permission and get pulled en route by the rozzers :good:

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Yes FM to control vermin. What species? Woodys and rabbits, i think :good: this is complicating things somewhat :good: thought it may be simpler :lol:

Suppose visiting the farmers in person sounds better but more time consuming. I was thinking of maybe visiting a few factories in the area to maybe help with feral pigeons in warehouses e.t.c.

Cheers,

Scott (A.K.A newbie)

Welcome by the way!

Top advice from FM.

Everyday is a school day thats for sure!

The only thing we were born knowing was how to eat and **** .... the rest we all learn!

Take time out to study what you are shooting to make sure you stay within the law, make sure you know what you and your gun are capable of as we dont want to cause any un-neccesary suffering.

Most of all enjoy yourself.

Edited by Hot-Shot

Was looking at the BASC website earlier for insurance and i'm trying to get as much target practice in as i can at the mo, managing 1" groups at 20m but want to get alot better. Shooting a BSA S10 BBk in .177 :lol:

Ha ha no worries Dave G didn't explain it very well anyhoo :good:

Thanks hot-shot been reading as much as i can regarding the law and such and hopefully my shooting will get better. 1" @ 20m is a bit poop IMO but should get better soon..........i hope :good:

Edited by scotttomo

I just don't want to get caught out when/if i get a permission and get pulled en route by the rozzers :)

The key thing, once you have gained a permission, (and there are tips on how to do that in the "Permissions" section - see the link below), is to get your landowner to sign an authority to shoot - (again, see the template for this in the same section) and carry it with you in your gun bag with your unloaded and uncocked gun.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=35117

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=18682

Edited by amateur