P-A-S......A BIG THANK YOU

beaker

Yesterday i posted asking if anybody would be interested in letting me go out with them to learn the tricks of the trade and to find out more about lamping within less then 3 mins I had a reply.

To start with i thought i had sent my post to myself somehow but no i had an offer.

The offer was from P-A-S offering me shooting last night. we met up just after 7:30 last night and i walked in the door this morning just before 6:00 what a night I lost track how much ground and how many permissions we covered but it was one of the best nights i have had in a long time.

P-A-S is a true gent he explained how he works his ferrets all about long nets and how to use them and his sense of humour ain't bad either. The main lesson I learnt was I need so much more time on the ranges shooting from different positions and distances. It just proved me correct in not going after permissions of my own yet. P-A-S really set the standard getting kills at 90+ yards and only missing one all night. Anyone that is lucky enough to get an offer should jump at it with both feet. His knowledge was brill even showing me what to look for when skinning and gutting.

When you meet P-A-S you soon realise this man lives his dream and has a real love for the outdoors, I am glad to be able to call him a friend and although tired right now am really looking forward to our next meet

THANK YOU P-A-S

no thank you is required beaker, it was a pleasure meeting you and the look of amazement on your face said it all.this was 1 of the best nights sport i have had for a while,maybe not as productive as it would have been but the full moon and noisy battery bag didnt help, or the rain getting heavier as the night progressed.any way lads i wont ramble on too much. the night was made easier as beaker (lee) took to lamping like a duck to water he was spotting rabbits that i didnt see. and without saying a word he just kept the beam slightly over the top of the rabbit enabling me to get a shot off.after we had finished shooting we started to skin and gut the bag.i think i only had to show him on 1 rabbit and we then shared the chores,with lee skinning and me gutting.he also got to see what liver fluke looked like and also a tapeworm cyst. dont know if all the rabbits were tough skinned but i did hear a fair bit of puffing and tugging from his efforts.but he did a decent job.if anyone has got any recipes for grass glazed rabbit i could do with 1.actualy we both could.lol.this lad will defo be getting another invite as he showed a genuine interest in learning any thing i was telling him,although i think i may have been teaching him to suck eggs, probably down to his army career and if thats how ex army lads perform then bring on the next ex service newbie.paul