How much for these repairs???

Edward

I want to use my 1902 Greener F1 13b, but it has a few problems starting with:

its a 13b but will take 12b carts once reproofed(been told this by the peeps at greener)

It has two small dents in the barrel

its proofed for black powder

Its out of proof

the barrels need reblueing

How much do you think this will cost to sort out??

I thought it would be, but what I want to know is wheather its going to be £500 or £5000, if you know what i mean.

The reason why I am asking here first is because I dont want to pass out in the gun shop :good::good:

Edited by EdwardtheloneShooter

If the gun needs to be re-sleeved, which it sounds as though it does, it will cost you £1200- £1500 inc the other work and proofing

If its enough just to work out the dents, half this.

check out Sorrel Bros in East Grinstead - they have a useful price guide for repairs on their web site;

http://www.shotguns-rifles.co.uk/gunshop/repairs.asp

If the gun needs to be re-sleeved, which it sounds as though it does, it will cost you £1200- £1500 inc the other work and proofing

If its enough just to work out the dents, half this.

check out Sorrel Bros in East Grinstead - they have a useful price guide for repairs on their web site;

http://www.shotguns-rifles.co.uk/gunshop/repairs.asp

thank you that site is very helpful :rolleyes:

Being out of proof does not mean that it will require sleeving or any other form of barrel replacement.

If there is sufficient thickness in the barrel walls then there should be no reason why it cannot be merely re-proofed. It may require some work before it goes to the proof house such as removal of dents and tightening of the action.

You will need to have it thoroughly checked over before you decide what route to go down. A Greener SxS non ejector will never be a particularly valuable gun (i have one too, and it started life as a 13b) even after all of the work has been carried out. I would suggest you get the gun into a safe and legal state, e.g. re-proofed, and forget about the aesthetic works such as re-blueing for the minute. Once you have used it for a while and decided that you do/do not like shooting it you can than decide whether to go the whole hog and spend the extra money getting it looking really good.

gb

The greener workshop is about 1/2 hour from you .... I would take it there for a free full check out

Is it free :good:

I always thought they would charge £££ just to look at it.

I will ring them up sometime.

Thanks

:rolleyes:

The greener workshop is about 1/2 hour from you .... I would take it there for a free full check out

Is it free :good:

I always thought they would charge £££ just to look at it.

I will ring them up sometime.

Thanks

:rolleyes:

They were free and took some time checking the whole gun.... nice people with good advice too.