Range Rover P38 Engine needed.

EMT

Well my worse fears were confirmed by the garage, and my engine failure is terminal. I'm not sure whether or not to go with a reconditioned engine or try and find one second hand.

The garage has tried to put me off going down the recon route as they have had bad experiences in the past, but I'm also worried about getting a second hand one as you just can't prove the history or mileage.

Anyone had any experience with recon's or can recommend a reputable dealer :look:?

I have only had the vehicle 2 months and I am absolutely gutted.

EMT

Well my worse fears were confirmed by the garage, and my engine failure is terminal. I'm not sure whether or not to go with a reconditioned engine or try and find one second hand.

The garage has tried to put me off going down the recon route as they have had bad experiences in the past, but I'm also worried about getting a second hand one as you just can't prove the history or mileage.

Anyone had any experience with recon's or can recommend a reputable dealer :yes: ?

I have only had the vehicle 2 months and I am absolutely gutted.

EMT

Scrub that mate. I was reading 3 different forums at the same time and thought you was looking for a diesel lump, sorry :)

Right back again, :look: The engine minus the electrics is the same one fitted to the 2.5TD beemer so check out beemer breakers. From past experience you should pay £750 or near to it.

LB

Edited by lurcherboy

Just gave the guys at Ivor Searle a ring and although they wouldn't do a recon for my Rangie they are looking for a second hand engine for me. Very helpfull people but I bet its not going to be cheap.

I knew I should have bought the shogun instead :-)