lamping with atom tracer pro

erk108

what is the best way lamping with atom tracer pro?.Is it advisable to use red filter although i can dim the light with this model.Also is it best to put full beam on to search for rabbits then lower beam as i move closer to the rabbit.Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by erk108

I suggest you keep the lamp as low, and on as short, as you can. I would also recommend 'beaming' the light in between the rabbit, and the hedge/warren/bolthole,,, then edging towards the rabbit when ready. Lowest light level, shortest time possible spooks em least :good::)

Point the lamp to the far right of your view and facing upwards. Turn it on then bring it down onto the viewing area gently sweep it left and continue past any targets before switching it off. Unless your rabbits are lamp shy, you don't need to worry about the brightness, especially the filter. When you have figured out your targets position, work your way in. Using the same procedure sweep again only this time hold on your target before taking the shot. Of course, if you have a dimmer, using it to dim the light very low will prevent spooking any other targets. When your rabbits become wise to the lamp, start fitting the filter. Bare in mind that the filter will reduce your lamps output by 60%.