permission?

nerooo

Time to wise up :sick: only the other day your posts show you to be an absolute novice (nothing wrong with that on it's own) who's been granted a SGC now you're going out trying to get farmers permissions to shoot. My advice then (taken as hard by some at the time) was to get yourself a mentor or go and get some lessons and learn to walk first then break into a jog! If you go talking to farmers with the (little) knowledge you have now you're in danger of being seen as the village idiot, no self respecting farmer (and they are among the least stupid people in the country) is going to let an absolute new boy onto their land with a gun. The police might not care that you know nothing, farmers will.

Yes the truth is hard but there are ways to do things properly and yours isn't one of them.

Highlander, think that's a bit harsh mate. He's said on another thread that he has had years of shooting experience, just not in the UK and I don't think he's lived here long. It's a nightmare trying to get shooting permission around here, don't know what it's like elsewhere, but he's made the effort as he says above so I think that's fair enough. Never hurts to ask!

cheers

SL

HIGHLANDER, i dont understand why you are trying to make it difficult and panicking when people asking for help, i really found it discusting to see some people very rude and threating them self they are the best, i tell you what if you come with me for a trip shooting to spain , france or north of afriqua, you would be surprised how differnt it is , and i bet you would be struggling even if you ve been shooting for 1000 years then i would be pleased to sort you out and giving you tips. :sick: and if you have got nothing to say is much much better to shut up, dont take personally.

Highlander, think that's a bit harsh mate. He's said on another thread that he has had years of shooting experience, just not in the UK and I don't think he's lived here long. It's a nightmare trying to get shooting permission around here, don't know what it's like elsewhere, but he's made the effort as he says above so I think that's fair enough. Never hurts to ask!

cheers

SL

Southernlad, I'm sure you can't forget your criticism last time:

"Nerooo, seriously mate. blink.gif

You need to go out and buy some books my friend!!!! good.gif

Read up on your subject. It's enjoyable and you'll learn a lot."

Highlander, I second your opinion. :sick: I too believe a mentor will not go a miss and is crucial to learning the basics. Even if nerooo has shot abroad, here in the UK is different to abroad.

Nerooo, I have already given my constructive criticism and I did congratulate you on getting your SGC and your enthusiasm. However you need to present yourself in a knowledgeable fashion towards farmers in order to gain land. Like I've said before, you need to read up on the subject and get some real lessons.

I watched a group of irresponsible w***ers shooting a common gull and then walking out and shooting it as it lay injured in the field. When I asked them what they were up to, they lied and said it was a pigeon. They will more than likely not shoot on there again after I next speak with the farmer.

As you can see, it is very easy to ruin your opportunities, like they have done. I have already said that I am not the world's best marksman or mentor, but I have learnt a lot over time and very recently too.

Get a few books, or even magazines from whsmiths and make sure you can walk before you can run.

Hartford, thought someone might say that! :rolleyes:

Agreed, I was a little critical initially when reading his first post, but not to the point of unfriendliness. Since we can only go by what people tell us about themselves on here I had no real background to go on, but since then Nerooo has told us a bit more about himself and his experience and I realise I may have been a bit hasty to judge.

Sorry if I've now contradicted myself but I felt like there was a bit of bullying going on and don't want to be part of it. Once I was happy with someone's competence I would happily take them out shooting on my permissions as I know how hard they are to come by, as long as they're safe. No doubt the favour would be returned at a later date, allowing me to enjoy some variety also.

cheers

SL

people find shooting permission hard to get and some times it can take years, so when they get their permission they guard it religeously and who can blame em :rolleyes: some people will happily mentor others some won't that's life i'm affraid. I have taken a few people out and have been taken out myself a couple of times, I no longer have the propper facilities to do this on a regular basis, i have allready offered to take some one on here when i get the chance, we all have to start and learn and i think it's our job as patrons of the country side to keep our knowledge and skills going, if we don't pass these on then our sport will be strangled and eventually die. It's easy to get over excited when your new to a sport but be patient, ask the right questions and eventually you will get your brake, some times it can take years, while your waiting get down to your local clay ground and practise, shooting live animals isn't some thing to be taken lightly and some countries i have been to kill things with reckless abandon imo.

Argueing on here won't win you many friends and could damage your reputation (not that you have mind) and that would be a shame as on here is as good a place as any to get the help you are looking for :D

people find shooting permission hard to get and some times it can take years, so when they get their permission they guard it religeously and who can blame em

Only took me 8 years to get mine.... Phone calls to farmers who I'd been beating for for season after season still said no. You're a lucky man if it just falls straight into your lap.