Vehicle Lamp

Beardo

I've just got myself a little 4x4 (Frontera SWB) for shooting and have been looking for vehicle lamps, came across this one which looks pretty good (and a helluva lot cheaper than 'hunting' ones)....

http://www2.westfalia.net/shops/car_access...h_spotlight.htm

i reckon i can fit it with an inline dimmer and make some filters for it.

Edited by nickbeardo

Not to mention the fact that it is cable (3m) remote controlled for tilt and swivel, it has a suction cup base so no holes in the roof and it uses 100 Watt halogen bulbs (like you say filters and a dimmer would be handy - but most should be able to knock an inline dimmer up from bits from maplins - lets see how interested others on this forum are, I may even start making some dimmers to suit this lamp if theres enough interest....). Anyone interested??

Anyone know what the standard filters are made from (polycarbonate?) they will have to be heat resistant as that 100 Watt bulb will kick out some degrees..

Overall what a Bargain at £30.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just a word of caution, I ran one of these on the Landy fixed perm on a roofbar, it was ok for about 6 months (a winters lamping) then became very erratic and kept sticking which drove us nuts, the other prob we found from day one was it zoomed too fast, when it was working, and many times Bugs was "overshot" and by the time the lamp traversed back he was gone, so alot of shots missed.

This older model is available at a good discount having been replaced by the new slightly smaller model which has a worklight on the back and comes with a red filter. I bought one to replace the old sticking one, big mistake and now sold on, it was underpowered, more so with the red filter which had cooling slots allowing white light to escape. I was less than impressed and used it twice before buying the present setup which imo cannot be beaten.

We now use a Lightforce T handle/170 setup with a 100w inline dimmer, dogs danglies for every situation.

Rgds and merry xmas to everyone

D2D

Hi just a word of caution, I ran one of these on the Landy fixed perm on a roofbar, it was ok for about 6 months (a winters lamping) then became very erratic and kept sticking which drove us nuts, the other prob we found from day one was it zoomed too fast, when it was working, and many times Bugs was "overshot" and by the time the lamp traversed back he was gone, so alot of shots missed.

This older model is available at a good discount having been replaced by the new slightly smaller model which has a worklight on the back and comes with a red filter. I bought one to replace the old sticking one, big mistake and now sold on, it was underpowered, more so with the red filter which had cooling slots allowing white light to escape. I was less than impressed and used it twice before buying the present setup which imo cannot be beaten.

We now use a Lightforce T handle/170 setup with a 100w inline dimmer, dogs danglies for every situation.

Rgds and merry xmas to everyone

D2D

was the lamp you are talking about a deben 1 as this isnt made buy deben and from what ive seen is a lot bigger than a deben 1 this has 100 watt halogen bulb