Lancashire Shooting Permission - Part 2, The final update

Firstly Happy Christmas to everyone.

Ive thought long and hard over what to do with this shooting permission.

What i have decided to do is give the permission to the 2 most suitable people, but with the provision that 1 weekend out of 4 a 'newbie' gets to go on the shoot and learn and get experiance, so thats upto 12 weekends a year where someone who has never had the oppertunity to shoot before on land gets the chance to do so. Obviously you cant use it as a reason to get a SGC or Class 1!.

How does this sound to everyone?.

I thought to make it fair, i group of 3 people could decide who gets the weekend, based on merit etc.

Let me have your thoughts please as to how to work this.

Thanks John

Ill be sending emails now to the people who kindly replied to the first posting.

The landowner is happy with this idea as long as it is organised and respected.

I think it would be best describe as a land which could be used by this Forum as a whole, allowing everyone who is suitable to have a chance at shooting on land which would otherwise be very difficult to find.

Mr Webber, could i ask you to help me with this.

Sounds like a good idea mate, wether i am one of the lucky ones or not :rolleyes:

it's your attitude that has impressed me and the thoughtfull way you have gone

about divying the permission up, good luck mate and have a good christmas and

a happy new year :rolleyes:

golden_cocker I think you have made the best choice by offering the permission to more than one person. :o

Reading and responding to the initial thread I have had the chance to talk with several people who were keen on taking the permission and affording me, a novice on pigeon shooting, the privilege to learn from their experience on the field. :rolleyes:

I am sure that whoever two people from the experienced shooters here get the permission will do a great job shooting at the permission and I hope that they will remember dropping me a line too once in a while. :rolleyes:

Well done and thank you for offering this. I am looking forward to find out who the lucky ones are :good: and then be invited along! ;)

hi john

what a fantastic idea you are about to give some people an extended christmas present

i am well impressed with your idea top man

i can only hope that i can benfeit from your fantastic generosity

happy new year and all the best for the future

cheers dave

A very novel gesture I can surely say but unfortunately I don't think it is going to work.

Prove me wrong and I hope you do..... but when you start opening it up to **** and Harry then that is when the problems start.

Sorry to put the mockers on but I have lived and worked in Lancashire and found it one of the easiest places to find shooting and as for paying for it, one of the cheapest in the country.

Starlight

You may have a point.

However, given that the fine detail remains to be established, I would suggest that you reserve your aspersions for some point in the future.

Golden Cockers gesture is a most generous one. PW members will be mentored where necessary, and access to the land controlled. Rest assured that if I am involved with the project, and it can be made to work, it will work, and will work well.

Procedures and protocols will clearly need to be established, and adhered to. Correctly administered I'm sure that the project can succeed.

webber

I know I have a vested interest in golden_cocker's idea working, but come on!

There is one very nice person who decided to share with others what he does not/want not to use any more, and there are a few more nice people who, wanting to be helpful and at the same time enjoy some new shooting, want to help newcomers get a foot in. Notwithstanding all that, there are people condemning his actions and the viability of the scheme simply because. Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is perfectly acceptable. But please do not criticise something that has yet to materialise, it dampens the spirits of those who have faith in the idea and puts people in a difficult position defending themselves against unfounded -as yet- problems.

Please, let things take a shape first, have a few test runs and then hear whether it works or not from the horse's mouth.

Please!

well if the lucky people have been selected then unfortuanatley i'm not one of them (despite my experiance and relative closness) so be it, I can forsee problems but i can also see ways round them with goldens idea, it will take a good bit of work but hope fully those choosen will do that, the biggest problem will be if one of the winners of the permission takes it on himself to run things his own way as in ive got the permission now so sod off. i hope that won't happen, as a highly experianced shooter i will not be having anything more to do with the project as that is not a require ment it being designed for inexperianced shooters and those who have the permission. good luck with the venture and yes I am a bit sad, i thought i could do a good job with it.

keep us updated to wether or not your system works

tazkb

Your post and comments are I'm afraid a little premature, but noted none the less.

I should be meeting with golden cocker later this week to review the applicants, discuss how the project can operate, view the permission and conduct a basic risk assessment.

For the time being GC has received enough PMs on this subject, positive or negative comments will be noted in due course, and where necessary suitable precautions taken.

webber

as a highly experianced shooter i will not be having anything more to do with the project

bet the organisers are gutted. :hmm:

i'm saying nothing but to second your comment :sly::yes::P

shame i'm up that way 6 times a week or more but i must not have the experance of others :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Pathetic attiude from people who should know better. Sorry guys but enough is enough, i suggest the thread is closed by the moderators now and left for myself and Webber to sort out. Not worth the hassle. Well done to the few. I get this in everything, try and help and get mud kicked in your face.

i cant understand why everybody is getting so ****** off someones just offered some permission and everyone is getting arsey because they havnt found out yet?:hmm:

That just about sums it up!

I've requested that the moderators temporarily close the thread, but so far no action.

Maybe if I mentioned the name of a certain field sports organisation it would be closed without delay.

webber