stopping finger bruising

digger

in this months shooting gazette is a letter that describes how to shoot with an ill fitting gun and stop it from bruising the second finger.my 16 bore does it to me and im loathe to put a recoil pad on it as the rubber slip on ones are nasty and i cant afford to have one put on by a gunsmith.

in the letter the guy suggests pulling the gun in with the hand thats leading and pushing with the trigger hand,in effect squeezing the center of the gun by applying pressure from the fore end back to the trigger.

has anyone tried this ?

i will give it a go but think it will get lost along with the swing dont poke,mount smoothly,dont forgt its only got two shots and is a non ejector messages that are all trying to reach my hands from my befuddled brain :lol:

Had the same problem 2 years ago with my AYA XXV,

First two days I used it, bruised like he££, then on the third outing it was fine to this day.

Don't ask me what I did different, I have no idea.

My conclusion was that my brain told my hand to alter it's grip without telling me.

Funny things brains :lol:

the letter also states that this method reduces recoil felt in the shoulder too,and the guy who wrote it has been dove shooting in argentina,lucky sod.

going to miss a few clays on sunday trying this theory out i think.trouble is the clay ground i shoot at only sees one sbs and thats mine.makes the other guns think i can shoot well so they linger to watch :*) would take the semi but not comfortble with others not knowing its safe.

Had this problem last year, spoke to an expert shot and he reckoned I wasn't gripping the gun tightly enough with my trigger hand and that it was sliding back and knocking the second finger. Got so bad one busy pigeon day that a big callous came up and eventually started bleeding. I now grip the gun more firmly and it's made all the difference.

Apparently it's less likely with a pistol grip stock as the hand is positioned differently, I'm using a Spanish S/S most of the time which has no pistol grip.

Had my finger bruised and mangled when I used my old s/s once when my son was using my o/u. The stock is far too short and my finger was taking the recoil and as it was a good day with me firing about 100 cartridges, I had a sore finger for several days.

Haven't fired it since and that was about 9 years ago.