crossman rat catcher

hill billy

hello every body i brought a crossman rat catcher .22 about 6 months ago and i am now running out of money so i fear i may have to sell it and i was wondering if any one was interested and how much i should sell it for. It has a brand new rat catcher gun bag and also has the red tipped scilencer and a bushnell scope.

i am open for offers

it has a couple of small scratches from the scope mounts but apart from that its fine.

thanks very much

jason

1. A Ratcatcher is NOT a pistol. It's made and classified as a rifle. As such it may run upto 12 ft/lb without a FAC.

2. The legal limit for a pistol is 6 ft/lb NOT 8.

3. Ratcatchers do between 7.5 and 8.5 ft/lb in standard trim. Getting much above 10 ft/lb with any degree of consistency requires a longer barrel. The 24" 2260 Rabbitstopper barrel is the usual donor suspect for such a conversion.

4. Worth around £100. The red tip is flouting trades descriptions by using the word silencer. It's not particularly effective.

Edited by 1 of 5

1. A Ratcatcher is NOT a pistol. It's made and classified as a rifle. As such it may run upto 12 ft/lb without a FAC.

2. The legal limit for a pistol is 6 ft/lb NOT 8.

3. Ratcatchers do between 7.5 and 8.5 ft/lb in standard trim. Getting much above 10 ft/lb with any degree of consistency requires a longer barrel. The 24" 2260 Rabbitstopper barrel is the usual donor suspect for such a conversion.

4. Worth around £100. The red tip is flouting trades descriptions by using the word silencer. It's not particularly effective.

not recommended then?

well im so sorry if i offended your huge knolege of guns 1 of 5 but i have one word bo**ocks firstly a rat catcher is classed as a pistol because it is just the crossman 2240 with a bit longer barrel and a skeliton stock

http://airgunsbbguns.com/crosman-crossman-...pelletguns.html

hi Jason,

the link above should take you to the "RIFLE" page where the rat catcher is listed, its not just the pistol with a longer barrel, and a slkeleton stock! its totally different thing. so please retract your offending statement. if it were a modified pistol then you would be looking at 5 year prison term on fire arms charges once a pistol always a pistol.

and yes the red tip is listed as a silencer but does the job marginally better than a coke can would only it looks better.

the rat catchers are a brilliant little rifle for close range ratting (25 yards max) i should know i use one myself.

but reselling ti you should be looking about £50 for the rifle and maybe £40 (if your lucky for the scope and mounts) so all together about £100+£20 postage.

the trouble with buying new and selling second hand things depriciate in value as soon as you leave the shop, and as you said yourself its not in pristine condition as it has a couple of scratches.

ROB :devil:

Edited by roblade

the link above should take you to the "RIFLE" page where the rat catcher is listed, its not just the pistol with a longer barrel, and a slkeleton stock! its totally different thing. so please retract your offending statement. if it were a modified pistol then you would be looking at 5 year prison term on fire arms charges once a pistol always a pistol.

When does a rifle become a pistol?

I had my superten carbine apart at the weekend, and, apart from the buddy bottle being in a awkward place for a pistol, it could easily be converted into a pistol - the barrel is only just over 12" long, and once the stock and silencer are removed, the action is quite small. A few hours carving a new one hand stock is all that is required.

Alan.

hi hill billy.the post by 1 of 5 was as far as i can see 100% correct the only thing that could be variable was the valuation of the gun as its only worth what somebody will pay for it,that having been said i think he was 100% correct on that point too.if you search back through a few of the airgun threads you will find that 1 of 5 is one of the most knowledgeable guys on the site when it comes to airguns,i cant vouch for his shooting ability but i can guarantee that his technical knowledge and information given is second to none mate and if you are serious about airgunning he would be one of the guys you would be wise to befriend.please do not take any offence at this post as its is meant as friendly advice mate and not a dig at you ,we all know what its like to buy what we thought was the greatest gun in the world and take it back to the gun shop a few months later for a trade in only to be told by the guy that sold it to you that its a worthless piece of junk that he would never put on his shelf. :devil:

Thanks mel b3 - the cheque's in the post for that recommendation :devil:

As to my shooting ability. I cleared the Chester and Gathering Open rounds of the UKAHFT series last year, came second at the Gathering itself and placed 11th overall in the series (only doing 7/9 rounds didn't help).

hill billy - I've had several Ratties though my hands as projects and one thing is certain. You can spend a fortune on them but underneath all the add-ons it's still a cheapo Crosman. I owned one where the original builder spent nearly £500 - YES FIVE HUNDRED QUID on it in parts only. I paid £130 for it.

Edited by 1 of 5

Grow up lad.......................... insulting valued members opinions is a sure way of getting your self removed from this forum.................

If you knew all the answers, and were not prepared to take heed of any advise that was requested by your self at the start of the topic, then why bother asking the question in the first place....................

Its stupid, petty, immature, posts like yours, that spoil the forum for us folk with genuine interests, who are willing, and prepared to look at other peoples views.

Paul in North Lincs

jason,

i nore many members on here dont know you, they only know you from what you say in your posts, and right now your posts are saying your a tottal ****!

i pointed out the mistake you made in refering to the rifle as a pistol and asked you to edit you post and appologise as you were indeed incorrect in your description. yet for some reason you choose to ignore the fact that you were wrong.

think the best idea would for you to edit all your offending posts and appologise, in public.

ROB

I almost never even see I have a PM waiting for me, such is the way I have the board enabled so never actually read your pm. Had I read it I probably wouldn't have posted as I did so I'll offer an appology there. OTOH a public slagging and a private appology leaves a gap somewhere.