Pigeon rotary

Osgoodbyshooter

Personally I have allways believed that a rotary shouldn't be viewed as a neccesaty but more of the final piece of the puzzle, good reconosance along with the ability to second guess what's on the pigeons menu for the next day however is. If you can identify the flight lines and where the birds are feeding, pick a day with some wind and overcast sky, place your decoy pattern correctly and build a decent hide and you should be 90% there, in fact some days I have ended up taking my rotary back to the hide as it was causing more hinderance than help. I'm not saying they don't work, there is considerable evidence that a rotary on the right day can make a huge difference, but they are not the be all and end all, just my opinion mind

The pigeon magnet works well at times but I have found that some farms that I have worked on, the people shooting them always use a magnet and I have found that pigeons are now turning away rather than coming into their patterns.

I have hered this by many shooters that say that it has been over used in their areas and they have now stopped using it.

But then if not many people use it in your area you may be ok.

Floaters always tend to help.

Have you tried lofting 3 or 4 decoys in the trees?

I have found that this will bring pigeons in from a long way and can turn a slow day into a good one.