taking knives on planes

Ozzy Fudd

going on holiday on tuesday and a couple of people have asked for presents, one has asked for a hunting knife. now i know theres no way in the world i can take it in my hand luggage, but what if i pack it in my luggage that will go in the airplanes hold? is it likely to be taken off me when scanned at the airport or would it be ok; as far as i know (or think) it should be ok in the hold luggage as its not explosive and i wont have access to it.

can anyone help?

cheers

I brought back a 16" Machette back from holiday in the hold just after 9/11 and it was in my bag when I opened it at home?

Steve

I brought back something I really shouldn't have one time. I was "advised" by the girlfriend at the time that if caught I was to tell them I was travelling alone, not sure how I was supposed to manage that since the tickets were booked with her CC :yes:

I brought back something I really shouldn't have one time. I was "advised" by the girlfriend at the time that if caught I was to tell them I was travelling alone, not sure how I was supposed to manage that since the tickets were booked with her CC :yes:

:( thats women for you!