Does this sound ok to you

reedbradshaw

My Set up for rabbits whilst having a walk round the field

- 32gr 6's

- Half in bottom barrel

- 3/4 in top barrel

- My selective trigger is set to fire the bottom barrel first...is this right?

My set up for decoying pigeons

- 32gr 6's

- 1/4 in bottom barrel

- half in top barrel

- My selective trigger is set to fire the bottom barrel first...is this right?

Am i doing this right? i seem to be hitting things ok, but someone told me i should be releasing my top barrel first.....please qualify for me :wacko:

If you're hitting things and you're happy with your current setup then leave it as it is.

I think the majority of O/U users release the bottom barrel first as (in theory) the recoil is straighter into the shoulder

which (in theory) produces less muzzle flip. Whether this makes any practical difference in reality I don't know.

The only think I would say, and this is just my personal preference, is to use 5's for rabbits.

Thanks....i dont have much problems knocking the rabbits dead with the 6's but anything above 40 yards i dont pull the trigger as i dare not encase i dont get a clean kill...obviously you cant get a clean kill 100% of the time but id rather take them closer to increase the chances of a clean kill

not for < 40 yard shots I wouldn't consider 5 shot. Yes they work just fine and are perfectly acceptable. If I was consistently shooting ONLY rabbits at 40 yards then maybe. But in the interest of buying one flat of cartridges and keeping it simple, I'd keep to the same as I was shooting for pigeons.

Thanks,

Rick