Still not out of the Bloody woods !!!!!!!&

davhope

No pigeons on the rape at all in South Glos... I think it could be one of those years when we dont get a season on the rape.

It seems to have been a bumper year for mast, acorns, ivy, holly etc. with plenty to last right through to the spring drillings. and clover. The birds are still flocked up in my local woods in their hundreds but difficult to decoy effectively.

Other parts of the country less densely wooded than the Cotswolds have pigeons on the rape in large numbers.

FM.

Quiet on saturday (bloody cold as well) on the osr around Middleton Cheney , 1 woodie and 6 rooks but the farmer knows where all the pigeons are ! . On the estate next door to him , loads of them on the osr he says , he did ask the farm manager if I could have a go at them for me which was very kind of him , but the owner does not allow shooting on his estate , the owner being a certain ex mp a Mr Heseltine .

Still I did notice an increase in pigeon "traffic" compared to the last few visits and I reckon if this bad weather continues we may have better luck . :rolleyes: