advice on shotgun certificate

fell terrier

im wondering if anyone can help me with a bit of advice im on with applying for my first shotgun certificate and was wondering when i was younger i was an idiot and was convicted for 2 counts of assault and one of criminal damage the last conviction was over 5 yrs ago since then i have got married have two wonderful children and also have a supervisors job for a large mechanical engineering firm my parents own two farms the shotgun would be for pest control and rough shooting i am a member of basc and have been into shooting and country sports since i was a child would my past effect this aplication should i not even bother applying i have sent to the police for a list of my convictions to enclose with theaplication to make sure iam honest with it all any advice would be greatly accepted thanks for takin the time to read this

As I understand it, as long as you have not served a prison sentence longer than 3 years, and any previous convictions are over 5 years ago, it's done on a case-by-case basis. Hide nothing, including speeding fines, even if you can't remember exact dates, put a rough estimate.

Good luck!

Rhiannon