New Gun

Craigie

I think you should get a cheap Over And Under if you are going to use it for pigeon shooting. I used to prefer the fancy the side by sides which I liked untill my uncle lent me his aya and I dident want to even take it out of the cabinate incase it got marked!

I have a investarm ( Something Like That) and its good because it folds compleatly over when you break the barrel making it easy to put in a bag instead of luging a slip everwere. Its compleatly plane with no ingraving to get messed up it was only £180 at the CLA Gamefair so I brought it   ;)

I have also found that it is easyer to lock onto a bird with an over and under I dont know why but they seam to fit me better than s/s syill I am still keeping mine just for beaters day. :)

Its what "feels" right, that works.

People swear by the "single barrel" sighting of automatics, over and unders and of course, single barreled guns.

There may be a lot of truth in that, as all of the Olympic clay shooters I,ve seen use O/Us.

Its "nice" to use a side-by-side, its traditional.

I have one and enjoy using it, with some reasonable success, but I shoot better with the O/U.

Spend some time "dry firing" a few different types and weights.

If you can put a few shots through them , so much the better.