Variation done, buying 243

Lloyd90

Right had a call from the Firearms dept, they got my forms telling them I sold my 22 and are doing my variation for a 243. They said they just need to phone the person I nominated as my mentor (Redthunder) and then they will do the variation :yes:

What are you guys views on buying a good rifle for fox (With deer added later on) ?

Will you only buy new ? Is second hand ok ?

I have been looking at the CZ 550 in 243 on Guntrader, there going around 300-500 SH.

On a side note how much is it to get a rifle screwcut for a mod please ? Because some of them aren't.

Also had a peak at a few Tikka's. Seem good guns, (redthunder has one) There going between 500-700.

If your funds are good then have a look at the Tikka T3.My mate steve b wales has 2 T3`s(.243 and .308)and i have one in 22-250-beautiful rifle. :oops::oops:

Cheers Bulletboy and SA1 Gunner :good: I have spoken to steve on here and arrange to do a bit of shooting :good: Hopefully when I go down I can arrange to have a go on his Tikka 243 :good:

My mate has one and it does seem really nice. Haven't shot it mind, hopefully I will lol!

Not going to be buying anything soon so hopefully If I can find a new job I can save up some good ££ and buy a nice one :hmm:

More importantly as I have read is the scope.

I wanted to put a good quality one on top and was thinking a Leupold ? What are they like ?

My friend uses a Schmidt & Bender and there pretty top notch :yes:

Edited by Bigthug87

You`ll be impressed by the T3-Lovely smooth cocking action.Put it this way after shooting steve`s T3 i went out and bought one!As for Leupold scopes they are good scopes but i would`nt swap my Scmidt&Bender 3-12x50 Klassik scope for a Leup!

How much did that scope set you back mate ? A few quid I bet lol :yes:

How much did that scope set you back mate ? A few quid I bet lol :yes:

I bought it £500 secondhand from Sportsmans in Exeter.Steve was with me when i got it but he said if i had`nt have bought it then he would have,it`s that good!A lot of money but what a fantastic scope! :oops::oops:

i was torn between the t3 and the howa 1500 and ended up with the latter few people dont rate them but i have had mine 5/6 months now and find it ok £465 brand new and screw cut they are well worth a look it costs nothing to enquire

good luck with whatever you choose :yes:

Edited by steyrman

I bought it £500 secondhand from Sportsmans in Exeter.Steve was with me when i got it but he said if i had`nt have bought it then he would have,it`s that good!A lot of money but what a fantastic scope! :yes::oops:

Sounds good mate :good: Do you use it for stalking ?

What magnification do you use ? Im not sure but I know my mates is fixed mag, x6 I think but not sure.

Had a look at the x6 and x8. Don't know whether they would be a better choice :oops:

Schmidt Bender Fixed Power 6x42 Hungarian £444 new

Schmidt Bender Fixed Power 8x56 Hungarian £376 new

i was torn between the t3 and the howa 1500 and ended up with the latter few people dont rate them but i have had mine 5/6 months now and find it ok £465 brand new and screw cut they are well worth a look it costs nothing to enquire

good luck with whatever you choose :oops:

I did notice them but have heard some bad reviews about them :oops: Will give it consideration although its hard to ignore the T3 with so many people recommending and using them :yes: Just need to start saving haha :good:

Sounds good mate :oops: Do you use it for stalking ?

What magnification do you use ? Im not sure but I know my mates is fixed mag, x6 I think but not sure.

Had a look at the x6 and x8. Don't know whether they would be a better choice :yes:

I have a 8X56 S&B Hungarian and like it a lot!

The 6X42 in any make will give you the magical 7mm exit pupil, which is all the human eye can absorb at any time. You get this figure by dividing 42by 6=7. The 8X56 configuration will give it also.In laymans terms it will put more light through your eyeball than any other specification!

Hope this helps.

Hi mate

Just got my variation through as well and been doing the rounds to try and figure out what to get. The Tikka looks and feels great, but for the money I wouldn't discount the Howa, seems a very nice rifle, screw cut stainless barrel, and according to the gunsmith in my local shop he reckons the rifling is some of the best he has seen. Could just be a sales ploy, but also could be the truth.

Sounds good mate :good: Do you use it for stalking ?

Had a look at the x6 and x8. Don't know whether they would be a better choice :oops:

I use mine for Fox Control at night.Go 8x56 for Stalking.Strangely enough Steve got a S&B 8x56 Hungarian on his .308 Tikka T3-Brilliant scope for Stalking and for the price! :yes::oops: