New member from Burwell, Cambs

Hi there, i've been lurking for quite some time but my SGL is now in and hopefully i'll be getting my gun in a few weeks. Done a bit of clay shooting with my Brother In Law using his spare gun but now i've moved to Cambs i need to get my own gun. Thinking of joining Cambridge Country Pursuits but if anyone else knows some good clubs in Cambs, Suffolk or Norfolk please let me know.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi,

Welcome!! Try Brampton (nr Huntingdon) shoots twice a month. Or Sporting targets at Risely Beds. Open all week, more targets than you can shake a stick at. If you need more info pm me and i'll try and help.

regards Agent36

Hi,

Welcome!! Try Brampton (nr Huntingdon) shoots twice a month. Or Sporting targets at Risely Beds. Open all week, more targets than you can shake a stick at. If you need more info pm me and i'll try and help.

regards Agent36

Thanks, i've just moved from Bedford - Riseley would probably be a bit far but would make a good middle ground to meet up with the BIL

Cheers, Rob.

Yay! Another Cambridgeshire member (I'm in Papworth)! Welcome Jammie.

Try High Harthay out at Brampton. It's reasonably close to you, but Lakenheath's not that far the other way and it's a very good ground. Failing that, there are a few of us in the area and if it means a day off to head somewhere like Northampton or Risely, I'm sure that we can get a PW posse together.

Welcome anyway!

Wookie

Yay! Another Cambridgeshire member (I'm in Papworth)! Welcome Jammie.

Try High Harthay out at Brampton. It's reasonably close to you, but Lakenheath's not that far the other way and it's a very good ground. Failing that, there are a few of us in the area and if it means a day off to head somewhere like Northampton or Risely, I'm sure that we can get a PW posse together.

Welcome anyway!

Wookie

Lakenheath was on my list of ones to try but someone at work gave it a right slagging. His opnion was that the place was full of US soldiers who had little or no gun safety, The clubhouse was full of unbroken guns and all the semis had no flag fitted in the breach. I believe he had to have words with one guy who set his gun down on the table unbroken with the barrel pointing at him.

I know accidents are very infrequent but i'd like to think that we can minimise them with a bit of thought. I also believe in seeing things for myself however so will be going down once the license appears. I've just trawled through the therad about how long they take to arrive and am feeling a little depressed. Cambs seem to be on of the better ones so hopefully it'll be within a month.

Cheers, Rob.

Don't say the "D" word, it might make your cert take a while longer to arrive!

I know what you mean about gun safety though; better safe than sorry. I nver saw that sort of thing when I went there, but then I never went in the clubhouse. I'd have done the same thing as your man at work though.

Hi mate welcome....Im just down the road from you in Newmarket. Afraid I dont know about Clubs and the like cos I'm a pigeon and rabbit shooter and dont go to clay clubs. Cambs licencing are quite good and you shouldnt have to wait long for your SGC.

Thanks for the welcome everyone

ozzy518, do you prepare your kills yourself or do you know a friendly local butcher? :good:

I'm hoping to have a word with my local one in Burwell and see if he can help out.

Rob.

Thanks for the welcome everyone

ozzy518, do you prepare your kills yourself or do you know a friendly local butcher? :innocent:

I'm hoping to have a word with my local one in Burwell and see if he can help out.

Rob.

The rabbits all go to a local game dealer minus their plumbing which i remove in the field whilst the pigeons get passed to a mate who in turn supplies another game dealer where they allegedly get shipped to France.