Hemp twine

jim_whitson

Where do all you net makers get your twine from? I've been using the best stuff I can find in my local hardware shop, and I thought it would be a good idea to check if there's anything better before I buy sh!tloads of it for longnets.. :-)

So, any sources? Online or through a real shop? Any idea what the breaknig strain should be?

There is a gent, who regularly trade on Ebay under terh name of 'purpleliam'

If you search under purse nets you will fing him regularly selling. On his dicription of product page there is a mobile number for him.

I recently bought some very reasonable priced nets from him, and wanted to know exactly where he bought his cord from, as a relative of mine who makes snooker tables said that it was perfect for stitching pockets!.

We gave him a buzz and he's brinign a a shed load to our local game fair in Selby at Easter.!!!

A really nice chap, and well worth a call.......................hope this helps

Paul in North Lincs

That sounds good. I bet he can get in pretty cheaply compared to the shops!

With any luck I'll be going to the Selby game fair, but I can't be sure; I'm going to the theatre with my bird's parents on that Saturday, so I'll have to rush back from their house (oh dear!).

If I can't make it, I'll just bell the bloke up and see. By the way, were your nets made from hemp or man-made fibres?

Nationwide Splicing and Rope services Ltd

Tel: 0191 4606613

Order:

6 x 500g reels x 508 unfinished flax twine @ £4.50 each, carriage £7.00, VAT £5.96

TOTAL £39.96

It is good stuff, I use it for my purse nets and the bunnies can't resist it :sly::lol:

Let me know if you find it any cheaper elsewhere.

w00 w00. That sounds just right. I'll bell them as soon as I get paid... ;-)

I can't beleive how much we've lost in this country; I've just spent the afternoon walking round York asking all over for hemp twine, and got a load of blank looks from young guys, and wistful talk about the old days from the others. They used to sell all kinds, but nowdays even the manufacturers only make pissy garden twine. It's all man-made ******** taking over >:-|.