Ear Defenders for Clay shooting

sleekspook

Cheers guys, job done. Got a pair of Peltor Sport Tacs. You're right edge, I wouldn't think twice about spending the money on a decent pair of glasses so why not look after my ears too!!!! Just wish they would make me shoot better LOL

Edited by sleekspook

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to the sport and have been using Peltor SportTac muffs from the start, bought off eBay for around £65.00. In my experience they perform extremely well and were excellent value for money.

I've also heard that Sordin muffs are excellent as well, but more expensive than the Peltor's!

Flymo

i've got these....

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0044358228573a.shtml

and they really are the mutts nuts - and a lot slimmer than most other electronic ones (plus they don't seem to suffer from wind noise half as much)

:good:

Seriously they are a great head set and I have not had any problems with wind noise either. And for $60 they are a real bargain Also use the Napier pro 9s with no problems when its hot

Edited by sodit

:good:

Seriously they are a great head set and I have not had any problems with wind noise either. And for $60 they are a real bargain Also use the Napier pro 9s with no problems when its hot

Look good on (electronic) paper but $60 cost + $40 shipping = £68 total, a little pricey compared with what can be bought locally at the cheaper end of the market. Or am I reading their website wrong? I've bought several things (books, not lightweight) from the good ol' US of A and have never seen shipping costs this high before.