shooting insurance

darren m

my CPSA insurance as ran out , i used to be with BASC , but price dictated a change.

Anyway i,m thinking of getting NGO insurance this time as its a good price , ( although not a gamekeeper - does that matter ) and just wondering if any of you guys are with them and if the insurance covers all shooting types and is as good as say BASC etc.

thanks

Fella,

Firstly the NGO is half the price of BASC which, let's face in these times for most would be a welcome bonus. However, always one to be fair, I would say that you should take a look at the following link and compare with your previous BASC insurance. Both are supporting very good causes it just depnds what camp you would like your pennies to go to.

I will not comment on which organisation to join, as obviously I am biased! Join the association that suits you best, supports you and your sport, and that you can afford of course.

On the question of insurance I would make you aware though of a clause in the NGO policy which clearly states that if any other liability policy is in place, the NGO policy will not pay out. So if you have home insurance for example, and try to make a claim on the NGO policy, the NGO policy will refer the claim to you home insurers.

Also, check if the NGO policy also covers your landlord as well. The reason why many farmers prefer the BASC insurance, is that the BASC insurance also protects the farmer from any claims made against them due to the negligence of the BASC member.

David