Payment's on pigeon watch.

Mick Shoey

It's no different to anywhere else, if you have any doubts then FtF is the only way to go, but you should be able to use your judgement.

I have bought and sold stuff on here, all done on trust and never had a problem, I sold 2 shotguns via this forum and both members sent me the cheque for guns they hadn't even seen in the flesh weeks before they could take delivery - neither were disapointed with what they bought :blush:

It's no different to anywhere else, if you have any doubts then FtF is the only way to go, but you should be able to use your judgement.

I have bought and sold stuff on here, all done on trust and never had a problem, I sold 2 shotguns via this forum and both members sent me the cheque for guns they hadn't even seen in the flesh weeks before they could take delivery - neither were disapointed with what they bought :blush:

I have had much the same experience, and can say that I have yet to have a bad deal on here, alot of deals were for books and bits and bobs, all sold unseen with payment sent upfront, except for the mobile I gave away to a young lad lol.

I think that generally you can get a feel for people when they have been on here awhile and exchanged a few posts, obviously F2F is the best way but not always possible.

Should anyone renage on a deal I,m sure we would all soon know about it, their cred then goes out the window for all time!!

Rgds D2D

There has to be a certain amount of trust involved when dealing with anybody via the internet . On pw you should get a good idear of the person you are dealing with by reading their posts . I wouldnt want to deal with a one post wonder on hear who just join to sell something . But having said that if you meet them face to face it shouldnt be a problem .

Harnser .

have a look at a persons reputation on here and use their forum name in google to see if they use any others - you should get a reasonable idea of what the person is like. possibly ask for an ebay ID too? I bought a gun for £650 from a guy in scotland - sent a cheque to him and everything went fine.

BUT be very careful!